Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Sealover

Gosh it's been a while

Rate this Entry
Life happens and so much has happened to me over the last 6 months...some good some bad....I got a new job which is 10 minutes away and its a small company which is nice compared to the huge corporation which I worked for before in healthcare. My oldest daughter got married in Mallorca Spain, she had a miscarriage but they are trying again, middle daughter went into treatment for alcohol and drug abuse, she is doing really well in recovery. We built a new house, moved into our new house 2 weeks before Christmas and had 14 for Christmas dinner, ahhh chaotic! Both of my sister in laws are in very poor health with cancer, both in chemo, our cat went missing for 10 days from new house on first night, he came back.... So most of the stress in my life has turned towards the good and the health issues of my SIL's will hopefully turn positive as well. Prayers please.
My gastric sleeve has been such a blessing and I am so thankful everyday that I am in picture perfect health and still losing. I feel like I am in my 30's and have so much energy at 57, it's crazy. I am eight pounds away from my ultimate goal of 140 and feel terrific. My eating has been on automatic, I don't get anxious over food anymore and I still follow the rules. I did cut out the crap over the summer and that made a huge difference. Candy, carby snacks were just stalling my loss, so I did away with them, about 10 pounds dropped and I'm eating pretty similarly to what I ate in my first year after surgery; proteins, veggies, still eating about every 3 hours and drinking lots of water. All my bloodwork and vitamin levels are perfect. I still haven't gotten to the gym on a regular basis but we have a full basement where we will be setting up the treadmill, elliptical and stationary bike. Also our new house is on a nice quiet road, so long walks are in my future.
I miss reading and catching up with you all and the veterans here, I will try to get on the computer more often and click on the forum and be more active. I wish everyone a very happy, healthy and prosperous New Years, the future looks good, the best is yet to be

Submit "Gosh it's been a while" to Digg Submit "Gosh it's been a while" to del.icio.us Submit "Gosh it's been a while" to StumbleUpon Submit "Gosh it's been a while" to Google

Comments

Life certainly does happens in all sorts of ways - good and not so good. How we deal with it certainly affects our progress. It sounds as though you are managing to hang in there and deal with the hands that you are dealt. Lots of positive vibes coming from your post. Good for you!
    All the best for the new year. I have no doubt that you will hit your goal weight soon.
    Good luck and hang in there