Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Sandra3

3 months post-op stomach repair

Rate this Entry
Hello my friends!

So the big news of the day, I met the expert (doc for work) this morning, the visit was just a pure waste of time (the guy was plain stupid, I'm so fed up with doctors!) but at least he did agree with my PCP and surgeons: I'm able to go back to work!
Finally!
I've been asking my HR to get an appointment since August, but the last expert just retired (he was actually really nice, too bad for us) and they had to find a new expert, and since I have several different issues they have a hard time finding the right physician.I finally got an appointment On Sept 9, but I was unlucky, just changed my PPI for a lower dosage and had an allergic reaction (which again I thought was stomach flue...but no it wasn't) so couldn't make it to the appointment.
Argh! but the good news : PPI is almost finished for good!

So it the appointment was postponed until today...
To be clear, I don't feel 100% yet, I had several issues those past weeks but compared to my messy health since October, I'm much much better since August.

Indeed my body is all messed up and I had to have an emergency root canal on Thursday, out of the blue. But I'm not surprised, it's not the first time that after serious health issues, my teeth get "sick" too. Had the exact same thing after two double pneumonia in DC in 2010. A few months later I also had to have emergency root canal....An abscess just show up one day, excruciating pain and I need to run to the dentist...hopefully this time it's just one tooth!

Food intolerance is still here....there is many things I can't eat and I know it's weird but I don't have that much restriction compared to my thirst month post sleeve...I just have the same restriction I had before the repair...was expecting more.
Anyway weight loss is indeed very slow...it's going to take for ever to go back to my "normal" ...but anyway...18 pounds in 3 months is not that bad. I was hoping for the "prednisone weight" to fly away faster, but it seems it's here to stay (or trying too). I will be persistent!!

I'm just glad I now manage to eat more meat...at some point I could only eat mashed carrots or potatoes, nothing else for 3 weeks, my fav green beans, zucchini or eggplant were a big no no!
But finally last month little by little I was able to have more veggies and protein and get to lower my carbs (I do prefer low carbs) and my weight was down again after a four weeks stall!

Anyway, I still can't chew well, it's still swollen and painful, I will do a full liquid tomorrow, it will give some rest to my teeth and will be low carb for sure!!

Now I can't wait to exercise more!!! that's my next goal!

Submit "3 months post-op stomach repair" to Digg Submit "3 months post-op stomach repair" to del.icio.us Submit "3 months post-op stomach repair" to StumbleUpon Submit "3 months post-op stomach repair" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hope you achieve your next goal, Sandra! Hang in there and take it one day at a time
    Glad to hear things seem to be heading in the right direction finally. You've got a great attitude and I'm wishing you much success on your continued journey!
    Sandra,
    You are such a trooper and always maintain a positive attitude. I am sure those last few stubborn pounds will be gone soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzeygirl
    Hope you achieve your next goal, Sandra! Hang in there and take it one day at a time
    Thank you for your message! the past 14 months have been complicated to say the least...I've been dealing with one issue after the other, I'm just hoping to have "a good week" at some point! hopefully being more active will help. And yes, it's been one day at a time, sometime was even one hour at a time, but since my asthma is completely gone since July, I do feel a major improvement!
    Quote Originally Posted by coopersmom
    Glad to hear things seem to be heading in the right direction finally. You've got a great attitude and I'm wishing you much success on your continued journey!
    Thank you for your message and your support!! yes it's been so long!! I can't believe I've been in sick leave for almost one year!! I can't wait to get back to work!
    Quote Originally Posted by kenson
    Sandra,
    You are such a trooper and always maintain a positive attitude. I am sure those last few stubborn pounds will be gone soon.
    Thank your for your message!! I'm lucky to be an eternal optimist, sometimes I had to cheer up my husband who was so down when I was getting sicker and sicker during Winter. It was harder on him sometimes because he felt useless, but at some point I went back for three months therapy, but didn't really find it helpful. Studying more helped the most because it kept my mind busy, and sometimes I would even find clues for my own issues...I found out recently I was exposed to toxic chemical when I was a kid, that would explain my weird immune system and many other issues...but not much to do about it at this point...