Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Sandra3

3 week post op

Rate this Entry
Beside my big scare last week, and three days in hospital again, things have been back to normal for the past 9 days. I still have little pains here and there, can't really carry anything heavy but that's ok.

I banned all meds in tablets (still have to take a PPi for 3 months to avoid ulcers), switched to capsules I can open, and do the same with vitamins. So far so good, and the awful horse pill is waiting for my next post-op in August, to be discussed with the surgeon. I hope I can just not take it again.

I can still drink a lot, but I've been extra careful with proteins because it seems my stomach can't stand fish or pork anymore (except ham), or even eggs. Tuna (can) is ok in very small quantities.

Again like post-sleeve, I can't drink milk, which is fine, I found some milk with no lactose but still high calcium (couldn't find it in Asia).

I had lots of veggies soups mixed with cheese (a kind of cottage cheese) but I'm getting tired of soups!

Yesterday I tried some potatoes (gratin) and it was fine, the day before I tried courgette and eggplant (all just pureed with a fork, not mixed), was fine too. May be I can finally eat a few more items with a little texture. Baby food texture is so unappetizing..

I can't wait to be able to eat raw veggies and fruits in a few days, it's the perfect season now, no more of the awful reflux, but I can't eat raw until Friday, so I will make some great salad and fruit salad for the kids return!

Submit "3 week post op" to Digg Submit "3 week post op" to del.icio.us Submit "3 week post op" to StumbleUpon Submit "3 week post op" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Finally, whoop, whoop!
    That sounds great Sandra.
    Slowly, but surely you are getting there!
    At least you are sleeping in your bed, which must be so nice.
    If there is one person, who can take good care of herself, it's you.
    Keep it up, girl!
    Hope the heat this week will be tolerable...
    Happy things are slowly improving!!
    I’m happy to hear you’re on the road to recovery ;-) Cheering you on from the sidelines.

And keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
    Glad to hear you are doing well!
    So glad that things are progressing a bit more to plan for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie
    Finally, whoop, whoop!
    That sounds great Sandra.
    Slowly, but surely you are getting there!
    At least you are sleeping in your bed, which must be so nice.
    If there is one person, who can take good care of herself, it's you.
    Keep it up, girl!
    Hope the heat this week will be tolerable...
    My health is looking promising again!

But the heat is starting again tomorrow. Since I'm feeling better I was planning on going out and do some shopping (did that only twice in the past 8 months ) but I will go later, the prevision is too high for tomorrow and Wednesday, I can't drink enough to compensate +38c...at home it's much cooler!
    Quote Originally Posted by WANAGL
    I’m happy to hear you’re on the road to recovery ;-) Cheering you on from the sidelines.

And keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
    Thank you Cindy!
    Thank you my friends for your kind words!

I just can't wait for the surgeon and my PCP to clear me out for work and exercise. I know that since I had two major surgeries in a four months window, recovery can take a little longer, but I hope I will be 100% in August! my first post-op should have been on Friday but since I had surgery in March it's in August for me (I get two extra weeks to wait)...finger crossed!