Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

EsikaElektra

5 YEARS OUT--regain after baby-- accountability

Rate this Entry
Hello---
I had my sleeve back in May 2014 & it was the best decision I could have made! I learned so many wonderful habits that I still use today--- I still read almost every nutrition label & make sure I get my water in! I had a baby back in December 2017 & gained 75 pounds of the 105 pounds that I lost.... talk about torture! The first 30 pounds came off fairly quickly, but it has been a struggle! I've slowly been losing and am proud to say that I have lost 47 of the 75 that I gained. (I gained 25 pounds before I even found out I was pregnant BTW).. So, here I am 5 years later & have 50 pounds to lose to get back to my goal weight! I'm tracking what I eat through an app called "Carb Manager" & making sure I get 10,000 steps each day, but sometimes I just feel like I am never going to get back to my goal weight! On top of all of this, my husband is ready for another baby! I do not feel like my body is ready for another baby... I'm terrified of what another baby will do to my body if I do not lose this weight first! I need some motivation, encouragement, and accountability! Anyone looking for the same? Any recommendations on groups to join to help keep myself motivated? Any fitbiter's out there that want to challenge each other?

presurgery weight: 275
lowest weight: 165
weight before pregnancy:190
baby delivery day weight: 266
current weight: 219

Submit "5 YEARS OUT--regain after baby-- accountability" to Digg Submit "5 YEARS OUT--regain after baby-- accountability" to del.icio.us Submit "5 YEARS OUT--regain after baby-- accountability" to StumbleUpon Submit "5 YEARS OUT--regain after baby-- accountability" to Google

Comments

It's a challenge for all of us, that's for sure. I always say losing was easy and maintenance is hard.

I am doing Weight Watchers to help with maintenance because I am super bad at tracking. A few others here are doing it. It's really exactly how we should eat.

Almost everyone does their own thing; just follow the sleeve rules to the T (dig out your old materials and review them), My Fitness Pal, whatever works for you. Best of luck! And congratulations on that baby!!

I do find when I eat dense protein first I am STUFFED. I was sleeved almost 5 years ago but the restriction is still there when I eat what I should. Today (road trip!) I ordered a chicken breast sandwich. Took off the bun, ate the whole chicken breast, and it was way too much.
    Congratulations on the baby. I would suggest that you lose the additional weight before having another baby. My children were all born before I had my sleeve surgery. I had babies 17 months apart. I did not lose the baby weight from baby #2 before I had baby #3 and this made the pregnancy and weigh gain awful. I think you are doing great and I was told it is easier to lose weight right after your baby is born. You can do it.