Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

WandaGettinFit4life

Update

Rate this Entry
Ok I have not been on here in almost a year. I had surgery 6/19/18. I had surgery in Tijuana. My recovery was short. Everything went great. My last A1C when I checked in with y'all last year was 10 it is now 5.2. I have not had diabetes or blood pressure medication since one week after surgery. I was 243 and this process has been great but very slow! It has taken 11 months to get to 199! I just broke 200 a couple days ago. Some things that stand out immediately is chocolate makes me sick! Too much sugar makes me sick! and that could be just a bite of something! Too much food makes me sick! and I still can not drink and eat at the same time. I do not drink soda nor have I tried. in 11 months I have had 2 jack in the box tacos. They did not make me sick but were super heavy so I never tried it again that was at about 5 months our. 90% of the time I am on point with eating, water and working out. Ask me anything and I will gladly answer. I remember when I was here and seems not enough people came back to share. I think the biggest surprise for me was weight-loss has been so slow. I didn't regret it because my diabetes was eradicated but I was very upset it took so long to lose 45 pounds! I still have 35 pounds I want to lose and it will happen but its work!

Submit "Update" to Digg Submit "Update" to del.icio.us Submit "Update" to StumbleUpon Submit "Update" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Looking at your photos you look like a new person. You may be losing slowly, but WOW, you look amazing! Keep it up, you'll lose the rest. Don't compare yourself to others, that's a losing game as no 2 people are the same. Just worry about YOU.
    I am surprised too- it is hard when you do everything right and do not see the results you hoped for. I find when I feel that way that it helps to write down everything you are eating and see if you are not doing as well as you think that your are.
    You look wonderful! And hooray on eradicating your high blood pressure and diabetes!
    No more diabetes or high blood pressure is such a huge victory!!

Do not worry about the scale, working out could mean that muscle did replace fat!! you probably lost many sizes! your look so different!

I was a slow loser too, took me two years to reach the first 100 pounds target...I saw others who lost that in 9 months!! I know it's frustrating (been there too), but your biggest victory is your health!! keep up the good work!
    Wow, you look great!
    How wonderful that you are not requiring those medications anymore - what a great result.
    Yep, we are all different and we all lose at different rates. You are determined and you will lose those final pounds. Good luck!
    Slow and steady win the race! I know its frustrating, but eliminating blood pressure meds and diabetes is a huge victory! Congratulations!
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    Looking at your photos you look like a new person. You may be losing slowly, but WOW, you look amazing! Keep it up, you'll lose the rest. Don't compare yourself to others, that's a losing game as no 2 people are the same. Just worry about YOU.
    Thanks I feel like a new person! And I will keep moving forward. I try not to compare and Thank God for my progress and successes. I try to remember that No more medication is a huge victory in itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra3
    No more diabetes or high blood pressure is such a huge victory!!

Do not worry about the scale, working out could mean that muscle did replace fat!! you probably lost many sizes! your look so different!

I was a slow loser too, took me two years to reach the first 100 pounds target...I saw others who lost that in 9 months!! I know it's frustrating (been there too), but your biggest victory is your health!! keep up the good work!
    My F2F pictures help slap some reality in me. Yes my diabetes had me in the hospital on a regular basis and now my A1C is 5.2 down from a 13 from 1st diagnosis.
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiGal
    Wow, you look great!
    How wonderful that you are not requiring those medications anymore - what a great result.
    Yep, we are all different and we all lose at different rates. You are determined and you will lose those final pounds. Good luck!
    Thanks I will keep moving forward
    Quote Originally Posted by meggieprice
    I am surprised too- it is hard when you do everything right and do not see the results you hoped for. I find when I feel that way that it helps to write down everything you are eating and see if you are not doing as well as you think that your are.
    You look wonderful! And hooray on eradicating your high blood pressure and diabetes!
    Yes I have made quite a few tweaks in my new eating habits. I believer grazing was a big stumbling block for me.
    Thanks y'all we have to adjust and readjust for what ever works for us as individuals. It is definitely not cookie cutter. Its good to hear it still comes off even if is a 2 year period. Thanks Sandra3!
    Hey!! Congrats on your success and remember it's been said many times the slower you loose the better chance you have of keeping it off :-)