Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

JessNP

Tomorrow is the day!

Rate this Entry
I can’t believe it - tomorrow the day! It’s really, really happening! So many emotions - my mind is all over the place. Of course, the “it” hit the fan these past few days. Was really sick with a chest infection and thought I was going to need postpone surgery, but much better today. Mother-in-law had emergency eye surgery -was only hours away from total permanent vision loss in her eye. Broken A/C in the house (in South FL where its already near 90 degrees ). Plus dozens of other odds and ends that kept me insanely busy. I haven’t even had time to post!

Haven’t taken any “before” pics yet. Surgeon suggests taking pics in front of a door for size reference, I’ll take some in the morning. I did take some measurements and WOW! Waist is 49" and hips are 53" each thigh 29 and that’s as far as I got. I’m 5 ft and 3/4" tall and 228 lbs and feel like I have so far to go.

I've spent hours and hours on this site, reading posts from real people and their struggles and victories. It has helped me immensely and I truly believe I would never made it to this point if I hadn't found this forum. I have learned so much from everyone here. Another great site (especially for recipes) is http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.bl...resources.html

Here is my plan: Going to sip, sip, sip and rest for the first few days. Filled the house and fridge with lots of broths, cream soups, jello, popsicles, crystal light, greek yogurt, protein shakes and powders. Also FF refried beans, canned chicken, tuna, salmon, light mayo, roast beef hash, cottage cheese, ricotta, etc in preparation for the next phase. Plan on avoiding the scale for awhile and focus on celebrating the small victories. Don’t want to get hung up on the numbers. Going to walk as much as I possibly can. Still can’t believe the date has finally arrived!! Thank you everyone for all of your support and encouragement!

Submit "Tomorrow is the day!" to Digg Submit "Tomorrow is the day!" to del.icio.us Submit "Tomorrow is the day!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Tomorrow is the day!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good luck for tomorrow! I wish you an easy and fast recovery!
    Keep us posted!
    Take care!
    Best of luck tomorrow Jess!
    Wow, from desperation and losing your job to the surgery in such a short time...
    How are you feeling about this mental roller coaster?
    Good Luck today! You will do just fine! Welcome to the sleeved side!
    Hooray! I made it!! I finally have crossed over to the sleeved side! Minimal pain, but very very sleepy! Thanks for all of the support and encouragement!!