Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

sgshoopz

Skin removal surgery?

Rate this Entry
Anyone out there have skin removal surgery? I was looking for any information you have or any comments on what you went through having the surgery. I'm not sure if I should or shouldn't do this. I have a couple months to figure it out. Thank you!

Submit "Skin removal surgery?" to Digg Submit "Skin removal surgery?" to del.icio.us Submit "Skin removal surgery?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Skin removal surgery?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I never did, but learned from about 3 different surgeons (I've been attending support group for a long time) that you should wait to have surgery until you are at goal weight for a year.
    Hi,
    I did meet several surgeons for consults and had an arm lift on 7/18 (and fatty tumor removal on arms and legs) when I was about 30 months out, had reached my surgeon's target weight for several months (but not mine).
    I decided to start with my arms because one of the tumor's byopsie came back unclear.

I was told to start with the tummy tuck by one of the surgeon I met but after months of exercise, most of the skin bounced back and it was not that bad after all. Not planning to wear a bikini in a near future so I'm fine with the extra skin that is not noticeable especially not when wearing a suit .

My arm lift didn't give me the expected result (now I have "dog ears that require corrective surgery), and besides getting those tumors out all at once, I wish I had not done it...

I don't think I will go for the tummy tuck ever, even if that surgery is covered by my insurance...
    I did go for a consult last year. Would love to have a tummy tuck and lift. Price tag? $20,000
    Your a year out, you might want to wait until you are maintaining a weight for a few months, you might notice with exercise and time that your skin might bounce back enough to not need surgery.
    Yes, just before Christmas 2018 I had a circumferential body lift and gynomastic reduction.

Believe me calling it a tummy tuck is being kind; they literally cut off excess skin and fat. It is brutal to watch!

https://youtu.be/wR_zThIjPjw (This isn’t me by the way!)

I had 2kg removed from my circumference and then a pint of fat lyposuctioned out of my chest before having that lifted too.

It was worth it but was unbelievably painful. I am 6 months post opp and the stomach muscles still ach in certain places (they tighten them up too).

But, I’m glad I had it done!