Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Sandra3

Back on PPI-pain after 5 days...argh!!!

Rate this Entry
So...I couldn't make it to 7 days! H2 was not strong enough...shame...

Early Sunday, reflux was so so bad I decided to go back on my PPI...and had to take 80 mg at first, it was soooo bad.

Today, after a long discussion with my friend (pharmacist) and an other (less interesting, he only talks about meds) with my cousin, also pharmacist, I finally decided to try an other approach.

Since my last research does show that the hernia is raising my stress level (pushing on a nerve, pain is a trigger for stress, but also disturbing my lungs), PPI decreasing my magnesium and calcium absorption, I 'm going for a higher magnesium dosage, and looking for more calcium in my diet because it could be one of the reason why my arthritis is bad lately.
I also just received my epsom salt order and will take a 20 ms bath twice a week to raise the magnesium that way too.

If those work, it could help reduce the reflux, and then I could try again to stop the PPI in a few days/weeks, when the reflux will be contained.

My friend did suggest a chiropractor to help with the hernia (I know it's moving) so looking into that too.

Found several studies about other plants I didn't try yet...reading about it...
but for sure I did lower drastically my carbs in the mean time....should help my stomach inflammation too...we'll see about that...

After ten days of low carbs in the kitchen, kids and hubby are complaining...since I didn't buy them bread for a while, I made some low carb bread "for fun" the taste is really....weird, between cardboard and sawdust...I was hoping to convert my husband...I think that ship has sailed...

Submit "Back on PPI-pain after 5 days...argh!!!" to Digg Submit "Back on PPI-pain after 5 days...argh!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Back on PPI-pain after 5 days...argh!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Back on PPI-pain after 5 days...argh!!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Sorry to hear you weren't able to come off the ppi. I've tried a couple of times over the last 4 years to come off. No luck for me either. I made it 5 days once, and thought I was going to die. I haven't tried again in a long time because even if I'm late by a couple of hours, I pay for it with pain. Reflux is rough! Hope you're able to find some relief that is suitable for you.
    I am so sorry Sandra. You have been through so much. I will pray you find something that works. I have no advice to give as I have not had these issues. Hugs my dear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katrina
    Sorry to hear you weren't able to come off the ppi. I've tried a couple of times over the last 4 years to come off. No luck for me either. I made it 5 days once, and thought I was going to die. I haven't tried again in a long time because even if I'm late by a couple of hours, I pay for it with pain. Reflux is rough! Hope you're able to find some relief that is suitable for you.
    I'm sorry were are both in the "bad same boat" with the PPI!
    I was able to stop it completely when I was 13 months post op, for more than 18 months
    https://www.gastricsleeve.com/forum/entry.php?b=30523

but now, with the hiatal hernia that popped out in November after non-stop asthma, cards are different!
    This time...it seems I can't...and reflux can show up even with the PPI, which was never the case before the hernia during the first year post-op...
    I think that the only relief will be coming from the repair surgery...but when is the big question mark..
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    I am so sorry Sandra. You have been through so much. I will pray you find something that works. I have no advice to give as I have not had these issues. Hugs my dear.
    Thank you my dear Christie!
    It feels like I tried everything but nothing is working. I just hope that surgery will be really helping. I know it's not always successful...
    Big hugs!