Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Sandra3

Veggies or no veggies...

Rate this Entry
Katrina made an interesting post about apples a few days ago, I will share my last experiment with veggies. So weird....I don't know what's going on!

Before the sleeve, I had a hard time eating veggies, because my kind of IBS couldn't stand fibers, so I was limited in my choices.

Post sleeve, for some mysterious reasons, I was able to eat many more veggies!! My IBS was almost gone!
But a few veggies I liked and could eat before sleeve with no issue (cruciferous: cauliflower, broccoli, bell peppers etc) became a big no no.

With time, and trying several times, I was able to re-introduce my favorite cauliflower, but only little by little, too much would upset my stomach.

Two weeks ago, I even decided to eat fennels (saw a few lovely looking fennels at the market) those I could never tolerate pre-sleeve.
I cooked it in the oven, cut in half with spices, garlic and a parmesan crust, was really nice. Everything was fine. And fennel has nice healing properties for the stomach so I was happy about adding those to my diet.

Suddenly, ten days ago, cauliflower became impossible to eat again, not even half a spoon! two days ago I got fennel again and it made me so sick after on bite, I couldn't eat my lunch, and yesterday I got sick with my favorite of all times: COURGETTE!!!!

So I think either my last surgery did mess up something (anesthesia chemicals are strong and do intoxicate the liver, but it's been almost 6 weeks, I was ok two weeks ago!) or my stomach gastritis is getting worth for some reason, but in an ironic way I was actually feeling better!!

I do need my stomach repair asap, because if courgette is out, there's not many veggies left besides grean beans, several kind of salad (arugula and lettuce are great so far) or radishes and cucumber ...so boring to be so limited when I have markets full of nice produce!

Indeed, steamed potatoes are always fine!! that's so unfair!

Submit "Veggies or no veggies..." to Digg Submit "Veggies or no veggies..." to del.icio.us Submit "Veggies or no veggies..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Veggies or no veggies..." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Oh my goodness. That really stinks. I only had minor issues with raw veggies in the beginning. Now I can pretty much eat anything with no issues. I only have issues if I overeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    Oh my goodness. That really stinks. I only had minor issues with raw veggies in the beginning. Now I can pretty much eat anything with no issues. I only have issues if I overeat.
    I never overeat, but eating something my stomach doesn't like can have the same "go back where you came from" effect. Argh...

Seems like there is a stomach bugs going around. I might have a weird version of it. Since I have no fever I don't worry too much, but today was a white rice and yogurt day (so much for my low carb goal!) to try to calm down the nausea.

I'm taking more probiotics, hoping it will help! If not...I see my surgeon soon....but I hope I will feel better before Thursday!
    Oh no. Tummy bugs stink. I haven't had one in years but I think I have a higher tolerance to them because when I was 7 and living in Turkey I got Hepatitis A. Since then whenever I have been with people who have gotten stomach bugs or food poisoning I am usually immune to it.