Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Jerello9_

2 weeks in😁😁😁😁.

Rate this Entry
Looking for suggestions. I have no motivation to excersise.

Submit "2 weeks in😁😁😁😁." to Digg Submit "2 weeks in😁😁😁😁." to del.icio.us Submit "2 weeks in😁😁😁😁." to StumbleUpon Submit "2 weeks in😁😁😁😁." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Start small. Just a short walk. Then gradually increase distance and speed. Baby steps. You'll get hooked!
    Walking is the best. I started with a slow 10-15 minute stroll around the neighbourhood and now walk 45-60mins briskly every day - ok, most days! ;-)
    Yes, I second our friends.

I actually decided not to buy a car when we moved in a new country, right before the sleeve, because I wanted to make sure I would get enough exercise. It did work well!. The metro was great and taxi cheap if I needed to take care of the grocery shopping, so I walked as much as possible each day, and post-op started by a little walk around the block, increased slowly each day. After a few months, I was walking up to 10 kms on good days. I tried to walk every day, and also did drag my youngest with me, she loved Pokemon so hunting for the game made it fun.
    When the rain was too bad I used walking videos indoor or used the stationary bike.
    Of course I never stopped yoga....speed walking was just more efficient to help with weight loss. And when traveling I could do my exercise every where.
    Yep, walking is exercise too.
    I'm with KiwiGal...
    Just found this article on the benefits of exercise. I don't think any of us who have maintained for a long time have done it without exercise. (Except Katrina probably, she's the exception to every rule!). Here's the article:

It’s no secret that structured exercise like 20 to 30 minutes a day of walking, bike riding, exercise class, or yoga mixed with regular daily activities like gardening, walking the dog, and playing with your kids, is extremely beneficial.

The most important thing is doing what you can and work to increase activity slowly and safely. Once you start moving more, you’ll feel better. And when you feel better, you’ll feel like moving more. It’s a win-win! You’ve probably heard it before, but increasing your fitness level will:

Assist with losing weight and maintaining that loss
    Boost metabolism
    Build bone density
    Increase energy levels
    Promote better circulation
    Lower blood pressure
    Provide pain relief
    Heighten immunity
    Lubricate joints
    Improve mood
    Offer stress relief
    Encourage quality sleep
    Clearer mind and better focus
    Decrease the risk of chronic diseases
    And so much more!
    The first few weeks or even months for most people are hard to get motivated to exercise because they are tired. And we usually think of exercise as something super strenuous. The truth is you just need to get moving. Add little things to your day every day. The small stuff adds up. Take the stairs. Park a little farther in the parking lot. Do a small walk around the block after dinner. But I also agree that the most successful maintainers are the ones who continue to make exercise part of their maintenance routine.
    I am 5th week in walked and hurt my foot. I I just did my 2lbs weights.
    20 rps forward side up middle over head and hug towered me. Let see what else can I do...
    stretches on the mat I did my head tilts already... yes I going to pull out my mat
    se ya!