Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

nsimon

Emotional Breakdown in Macy’s

Rate this Entry
So I went to Macy’s yesterday to return some items I had purchased online that did not work out. After returning the items I did a lap around the clearance racks and found some other clothes I wanted to try on and ended up in the dressing room. These days I never know what will fit me, since my size seems to change every couple weeks, so I grabbed several size ranges in clothes. I am four months out from surgery and have been doing good losing the weight. I’m a pear shape and have been buying my tops from the regular size section for several months now but my bottom half is much larger and slower to decline in size. But through the weeks my pants sizes have decreased (20W, 18W, 16W,14W) and finally yesterday when I was trying on some clothes I was able to comfortably fit in regular size jeans and pants. It was only after I took off the second pair of bottoms that the realization hit me...I AM NO LONGER PLUS SIZE! I can for the first time in my adult life go into any regular clothing store and buy off the rack! No longer forced to the corner or basement of department stores were they hide the plus size section. The emotions just overwhelmed me and I literally fell to my knees in the dressing room and started bawling. I have been over weight my entire life. I was wearing plus size clothes in high school and now for the first time I can proudly buy my clothes off the rack. I realize my journey is far from over and I will likely have more emotional moments like yesterday but I just wanted to share this milestone I’ve been looking forward to. If I had only one thing to change about this experience I would have made the decision to have the surgery early.

Submit "Emotional Breakdown in Macy’s" to Digg Submit "Emotional Breakdown in Macy’s" to del.icio.us Submit "Emotional Breakdown in Macy’s" to StumbleUpon Submit "Emotional Breakdown in Macy’s" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Yay, you! Congrats! Keep up the good work!
    Awesome, nsimon! This is what I look forward to!
    It just gets better and better! It's so much fun buying cute clothes now, where in the past I used to have to buy the least ugly.
    How very wonderful to break down beccause your life is better! Hooray.
    well done. It's great when you realize you don't have to go to the 'fat' shop or section anymore. I love shopping now. Keep it up.
    Just goes to show how emotional this journey is for some of us.
    So glad that you are heading towards a healthier and happier life.
    Shopping is a great joy now.
    Keep up the great work!
    The fun will continue. Wonderful!
    I know the feeling - my similar experience came at Kohl's a few months ago. I just stood there for the longest time thinking - I am never going to go back.
    Congrats!
    I can’t wait to be able to experience this feeling. I’m truly happy for you and I hope there are many more experiences that will bring you joy.
    I had a breakdown like that once in the dressing room at Sears. I know exactly how you feel! Congratulations on your accomplishment!
    That is awesome!!!!
    If you ever for some reason get discouraged along your journey remember that moment.
    And I do believe your body will eventually even out, I lost a lot and after being done loosing it took a while for my body to.....I guess even out is a way to explain it.
    Congratulations! So proud of you. I'm hoping I'll have the courage to go shopping for new clothes one day.
    So lovely, congrats :-)
    Very touching thanks for sharing, congratulations!
    Congrats what an awesome feeling, can't wait to get there only a month in but my clothes right now feel like garbage bags they so loose fitting I'm trying to wait for at least another month to start buying but may have to break down and get some items to get buy.
    Congratulations!!! What a great accomplishment!