Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

House on the Market-Crazy Times-Old House/New House News-Need to Take a Breath

Rate this Entry
OMG. What a whirlwind week. We finally did all we needed to do with the house. Photographer came on Tuesday and took the pictures for the listing. We went to a live listing on Wednesday around noon. We had 3 showings that afternoon. I think on Thursday we had about 7. By Thursday night we already had an offer above list price. Now we are sitting on 3 above list price. And several agents who are calling and texting with our realtor whose clients want to make an offer and are asking what they can do to make their offers better as they know we are already into multiple offers. We had about 7 showings on Friday and today I think there were 8. We have more already scheduled for tomorrow.
When we came home today after the last showing I found an envelope on the counter addressed to my hubby and I. It was a really nice handwritten note from one of our offers with a $20 Starbucks gift card inside. They told us a bit about themselves, what they loved about our house & why they wanted it, and that they really hoped we would accept our offer. We were blown away. I made a joke to my hubby that our house was like the pretty girl at the dance. LOL.
So all realtors are now aware that we are in multiple offer stage so if their clients want to make an offer they need to have it in by Thursday. So we will have a meeting on Tuesday at 4 with our realtor to go over the offers and make a decision. I never imagined in my wildest dreams that this would happen at all. I was worried that we would not get offers. Worried that people would try to make lower offers than we listed the house. Worried that it would take too long to sell. Never thought in a million years it was going to be so fast with so much interest and people trying to outbid each other.
So, hopefully when this is all done we will be able to relax some. And on another high note, our foundation was poured on Friday for our new house. I feel like I am winning the lottery. Great day.

Submit "House on the Market-Crazy Times-Old House/New House News-Need to Take a Breath" to Digg Submit "House on the Market-Crazy Times-Old House/New House News-Need to Take a Breath" to del.icio.us Submit "House on the Market-Crazy Times-Old House/New House News-Need to Take a Breath" to StumbleUpon Submit "House on the Market-Crazy Times-Old House/New House News-Need to Take a Breath" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I'll keep my fingers crossed Christie!
    Great news, and wow! We live in a "hot area" for quick sales, about 3 days on the market. We've been in our house since we had in built, 29 years.

I'd love something smaller as its us and the 2 dogs; but packing? nooooooo
    Hope all moves on as smoothly as its starting.
    So excited for you! The same thing happened with my mom's house, multiple offers and the realtor contacted everyone to tell them what was happening, and to give us their best offer by the next day. Sold with a cash offer over listing price.
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchSleeve
    I'll keep my fingers crossed Christie!
    I really can't wait until Tuesday. And we know we are getting more $ than we asked for and we will be able to stay in the house until our new house is finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieG
    Great news, and wow! We live in a "hot area" for quick sales, about 3 days on the market. We've been in our house since we had in built, 29 years.

I'd love something smaller as its us and the 2 dogs; but packing? nooooooo
    Hope all moves on as smoothly as its starting.
    OMG yes. Packing is such a pain in the ass. And so is taking all the personal crap out of your house and living like a minimalist. And the stress of having to leave the house. (Although I got to stay during the week showings since I work from home and that was the on our listing.) But since it went so fast it will be over quickly. We know we will accept one of the offers. We had our first offer in less than 24 hours. Absolutely nuts. An actual bidding war.
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    So excited for you! The same thing happened with my mom's house, multiple offers and the realtor contacted everyone to tell them what was happening, and to give us their best offer by the next day. Sold with a cash offer over listing price.
    Yes this is very exciting. I was worried that it would take a long time to sell and since we have to have it sold before we close on the new house I was all anxious. Never in my wildest dreams did I think we would find ourselves in a bidding war. A cash offer would be awesome bc no appraisal needed. That is my only concern is the appraisal. We are not 100% sure what it will come back at. This was the model home and chock full of upgrades but those do not always compute on an appraisal. So...fingers crossed our listing is pretty accurate. According to the listing sites it seems we are listed right. Also, I heard a realtor tell their client that we were priced low to get multiple offers since ours was priced at $114 a SF and the homes in our neighborhood go for about $116 a SF. So, hopefully we are good. They have also been advised that they would have to be willing to come cash out of pocket if necessary. Sooooo….we wait to see what the offers are and I am sure we will take one as our realtor has been telling the agents all of our wants/needs. Woohoo!
    Wow! Whirlwind alright. How very exciting for you.
    Fingers crossed for the best offer ever!
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiGal
    Wow! Whirlwind alright. How very exciting for you.
    Fingers crossed for the best offer ever!
    We picked an amazing offer and we will be able to stay in the house until the build is done. YAY!! We ended up with 7 total offers. And we had to start turning people away today.
    Yayyyyyyyy so good Christie xx
    Congrats Christie!! such good news!!! moving and packing it so stressful, I'm glad you are done with the sale! That's huge!
    And getting a fair price is so important too!! good job in preparing the house!

I hope you will be all done for Summer, unpacked and all, so you can finally enjoy some fun and well deserved rest!! big hugs!!
    Here's to wishing you all the best..
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03
    Yayyyyyyyy so good Christie xx
    There have been some stressful moments but now things are really starting to move forward and go well. I am sooo happy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra3
    Congrats Christie!! such good news!!! moving and packing it so stressful, I'm glad you are done with the sale! That's huge!
    And getting a fair price is so important too!! good job in preparing the house!

I hope you will be all done for Summer, unpacked and all, so you can finally enjoy some fun and well deserved rest!! big hugs!!
    Things have stayed so busy but hopefully they all calm down soon. But yes, with all the stress I do not know how I managed to stay focused. Now I need some pampering. And a vacation! LOL. Hugs back at you sweetie!
    Quote Originally Posted by hope4me
    Here's to wishing you all the best..
    Thank you!!