Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

ReadySet

It’s been a while::::::

Rate this Entry
Greetings! It has been a very long time since I have been on this site. My surgery was December 2014 and although I never lost as much weight as most of the people here; my journey thus far (it is never over) has been a success. I started at a weight of 272 and got as low as 190 (for 3 days). I have since gained 30 lbs and am at 220, still striving everyday to get below 200, but its hard. My overall size hasn’t changed much, just a little fluffier!
Here’s the thing, life is REAL and the fact that it gets in the way of desire or best intentions will always be. In order to try to meet my new goals; which are stress reduction; fitness/ability, and lose 25 lbs; I now go to a therapist to get to the root of my emotional attachment with food, I participate regularly with a fitness coach, and I’m still counting!! Counting calories; protein; carbs...which is funny because I thought having this surgery would mean my body would magically know what to do to be skinny but the reality is that my inability to lose weight is all about me; my head, my mouth and all the bad things I still like to put into it. If I can conquer that then I know I can get to the end of the rainbow!
So the journey continues on. For those that are just starting out know that even if I don’t lose another pound this was still the best decision I ever made. I am healthy (still on no more meds and chol and BP are normal) happy, and living a much fuller life than before.
So here’s to all of you, for having the courage to make the choices you have made to be here, the strength to always try your best, and the compassion to love yourself enough to keep trying even in the midst of your setbacks. Keep up the good work and I will too! Peace!

Submit "It’s been a while::::::" to Digg Submit "It’s been a while::::::" to del.icio.us Submit "It’s been a while::::::" to StumbleUpon Submit "It’s been a while::::::" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Looking great! I feel your pain, I'm "stuck" 4 pounds over goal, and 14 pounds over where I want to be. I was SUPER CAREFUL for the past week (no sugar-no carbs) and lost less than half a pound. Frustrating. But like you I am also happy with my new life, and have to stop obsessing about being skinny. I should be thrilled that I am healthy and at a regular size.

I'm 5 years out from surgery. The only thing I haven't done is find a therapist which I need to do.