Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

butterflybecca

Starting Over

Rate this Entry

Hello all. WOW it's been way too long since I've even visited this page. SO much has happened in life causing me to fall back into old habits which caused a 50lb weight gain. So friends, be careful because the weight can come back. My first gain was during my first asthma attack in 2013 during spring. Severe enough to cause two rounds of prednisone treatment. This "miracle drug" does wonders for asthma, however it causes great hunger in me. During this time, I was bed bound and ate carbs for first time since the surgery. I put on 15 lbs in about 14 days!! This started the carb consumption ball rolling. I've gradually increased my food intake ever since and now I'm 197lb! My legs are in so much pain every day along with back pain. My activity is next to none due to this pain. Been taking pain meds for about 3 years now which does help, but I know I need this weight off! I've requested approval for a second sleeve surgery. I'm currently going through the preliminaries again and am so hopeful they approve it. I'm currently fiighting another asthma attack and will in NO WAY take prednisone. SO no coughing as much as I can manage, no throat clearing either. I've now got three little angels (grandbabies) and am not active like I used to be with my first grandbaby. My main eating binge is at night time. I learned there's a name for it . NEB. I'm going to learn about it more. Because of so much crap happening in my life, I've paid no mind to myself and my needs and self care. But it's time. It's time.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_3881_kindlephoto-90112524.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	521.6 KB 
ID:	28158

Submit "Starting Over" to Digg Submit "Starting Over" to del.icio.us Submit "Starting Over" to StumbleUpon Submit "Starting Over" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I'm sorry you've had such a struggle. It sounds like you have a plan to go forward to regain health and the ability to participate in life. That's so good! Just know you are worth the effort!

Thank you annie!!!!
    Best of look to you!