Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Sandra3

Happy about gaining!!!

Rate this Entry
Hello friends!!

On Wednesday, I was not that happy when the scale showed a 4 pounds gain. So grand total was 24 pounds, I could see it was spiraling, I usually never take cortisone that long and since I felt better decided to stop the treatment.

I saw the pneumologist yesterday, had tests, and she confirmed my lungs are healing!!
I gained back I liter!!! yeah!!! so happy for once about gaining!!!

But after the tests, she said she wanted to increase the dosage of cortisone!!! no way!! I did tell her I just stopped it, but she wants me to continue at least until the surgery.
So I will ask a second opinion next week during my hospital stay.
This morning those last 4 pounds gained were gone. So at least, those were just "floating" ....I'm not sure it will be the same for the other 20. Because after several days of tracking I can see I'm never over 1500/1600 calories. And my expenditure is at 1700 with zero activity...so during all those weeks I should have been losing!!! (except Xmas weeks, I did eat too much chocolate, could explain may be 2 pounds).

Can't wait for all treatments to be over! and surgeries!!
Can't wait for Summer!
I need a beach vacation so badly

Submit "Happy about gaining!!!" to Digg Submit "Happy about gaining!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Happy about gaining!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Happy about gaining!!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Steroids are good drugs for short term, but I think everyone's gain and loss with them is different. For me its in the face, feet and fingers. I was on 10 days, and was up about 5-7 lbs. After being off 2 weeks, back to normal.
    I never did lose the weight I gained from steroids. I went from 102 to 115 in three months, and have never been able to get below 112 since. They didn't help me either, so boo to steroids for me. But you, Sandra, take them if they're helping your lungs. You need those lungs! Get better!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieG
    Steroids are good drugs for short term, but I think everyone's gain and loss with them is different. For me its in the face, feet and fingers. I was on 10 days, and was up about 5-7 lbs. After being off 2 weeks, back to normal.
    For asthma a treatment can be long. My face is puffy for sure. But I gained everywhere since August. I was on and off cortisone since October, but my treatment has been heavy for one month non stop now.

When asthma is out of control there's not many solutions unfortunately...

In 2016 I had a one week treatment, gained like 7 or 8 pounds, lost it in like 3 weeks. But I was just 6 months post-op and eating nothing.
    Now I eat more in quantity, but also the treatment is long, first time it has ever been that long actually.
    I hope it will go away in 2 or 3 months, will watch my carb intake to help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Katrina
    I never did lose the weight I gained from steroids. I went from 102 to 115 in three months, and have never been able to get below 112 since. They didn't help me either, so boo to steroids for me. But you, Sandra, take them if they're helping your lungs. You need those lungs! Get better!
    It did help my lungs, but gaining that much is not helping my joints. My knees are not doing good..

So far I never gained that much since the sleeve, so it's hard to know what will happen and how long it will take to go away.
    I had to take cortisone during one or two weeks so far since the sleeve (May 2016 and January 2018) but I was eating a little less at that time, plus the treatment was short.

Before the sleeve I had strong and long treatment, gained even more....took me months to lose it. I'm hoping, since I still have restriction, that it will be easier to lose. We'll see how it goes...