Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

AngelNP

Lessons I've learned 6 years post sleeve!

Rate this Entry
This is what I have learned over the past 6 years post op!

Your sleeve is a tool. It's not the end all. You must watch what you eat. I was horrified that I had lost weight from 213 to 162 lbs and then went back up to 195 (July 2018) Currently, I am at 169 lbs (01/05/2019) and more fit.

When you are able to eat solid food, I recommend a group on Facebook called Push For Your Better by Amy Smith. I am still a sugar/carb addict. This is the main reason why I gain weight. Fat bombs are truly the bomb and a life saver for me. Healthy fat is the key to weight loss (grass fed butter, MCT oil, advacados, etc). Too much protein can act like carbs and gain weight eventually. I have no excess skin (no surgeries), tone, and look 15-20 years younger than my actual numerical age.

It's a blessing that I have better portion control, but found that you can still gain a lot of weight after the sleeve. Eat wisely, exercise, and know I support you!

Be blessed and you'll love your new adventure. I NEVER REGRET MY DECISION FOR THE VGS!!!

Submit "Lessons I've learned 6 years post sleeve!" to Digg Submit "Lessons I've learned 6 years post sleeve!" to del.icio.us Submit "Lessons I've learned 6 years post sleeve!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Lessons I've learned 6 years post sleeve!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Congratulations, AngelNP. Sounds like you've found the way that works for YOU!

My approach is different than yours, but it works for me. I lost 100+ pounds over 18 months (I wasn't a fast loser), am 4.5 years post-op, and I've maintained my weight loss ever since losing it all (weighed 133.8 pounds this morning).

Again, it's so wonderful that you've found your path to weight maintenance. We are all so fortunate to have found (finally!) our way to good health.
    Exactly. Excellent and congratulations to you!
    Thanks AngelINP! Love hearing tips to help maintain my weight. I'm 2 years post and go back and forth between 1-5lbs. I'll have to check out the FB page!
    Thanks for this post AngelNP!
    And congratulations on your succes!
    Sounds like you found your way to make it happen.

One of the most important features to make this surgery a succes is really knowing yourself and your body.
    It seems to me a lot of people don't.

Eating so much fat is definitely not my thing.
    Congratulations!
    Congrats. I know that would not work for me but glad you found what works for you. I eat a balanced diet and wouldn't want it any other way.
    Congratulations on getting your weight back under control -- although saying that makes me picture a lion tamer with a whip, lol!

I think each of our bodies are very different. Carbs are my nemesis as well - but that's because cookies come in a single serving bag (even if it weighs 2 lbs). So I prepare or buiy sweets that I'm not interested in having, and push salads.

We all find our own way when we are determined to use the tool! THanks for sharing yours.
    How did you get the weight back off? I had my sleeve in 2014 and am currently struggling?
    Congratulations, Angel!!
    I haven’t been back on this site in several years. it’s so wonderful to see old friends are still here and I’m excited and thrilled for you and your success!!
    You are so correct when you said that you still have to be very careful after your surgery. The grehlin comes back eventually, and the restriction lessens. i can definitely eat more food at a time now.
    I have gained back about 65 of the 80 pounds I had lost. I can tell you that menopause didn’t help at all, either. My GP asked me yesterday if I was interested in possibly having revision to a gastric bypass surgery. I’m still thinking about that one. I know one of our “sleeve sisters” had that done a few years ago and is very glad she did. It’s a big decision as my insurance doesn’t pay for any of this and I’m older now. Also, if I have been a “sleeve failure”, what assurance do I have that a bypass wouldn’t be the same way. My GP told me that she was surprised that I didn’t have bypass to begin with as I would have lost more and kept it off better. ����*♀️
    Keep up the good work, and keep fighting the good fight, girlfriend!! I’m so glad you checked in and let me know how you’re doing! I’m SO proud of you!!
    Hugs!
    Julie