Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Leslieann

I'm back!

Rate this Entry
I recently received a text message from a friend telling me that she's scheduled for a sleeve in January. I recommended this forum telling her the great support that was given to me before and after my surgery in 2017.

Then I realized that I too missed reading what was going on with everyone, ups and downs and how situations were being dealt with.

I'm doing very well. It's been a big year for me. I retired and moved to Florida and loving my life. I ride my bike, go boating and living a mile from the gulf enjoy the beaches.

I've noticed though, especially in the last 2 months, that very gradually small bad habits were snaking back in. Up a 1-2 lbs. down up and down. I won't allow it to get past 5 lbs.,but yesterday was my limit gain. I didn't freak, but realized that I need to start something different. So, being that I'm not a "gym" person, I'll join the gym. I do know that living here in summertime can really restrict outside activity after 12 noon. Too hot. So, I'll utilize an indoor facility.

Glad to see some good ol' familiar names and glad everyone is doing well!!!

Submit "I'm back!" to Digg Submit "I'm back!" to del.icio.us Submit "I'm back!" to StumbleUpon Submit "I'm back!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Welcome back Leslie!!

It took me two years to reach my surgeon's prediction/goal and atfer that, being sick and taking cortisone I did struggle with my weight. And again this Summer after surgery.

Medication is for sure the issue here, but I can say also that after 24 months I was able to eat more and it's been getting harder to keep my portion in control. I did want to eat more often, especially when my iron is low. And it just dropped again, I could feel the cravings coming back, the blood test did confim it last week.

So my 2 cents : please have a blood tests and make sure iron and D vitamin are ok. After the second year is when things get harder.

Take care!
    Thanks Sandra!

It's all good. I just don't want to go over 5 lbs. Keeping a good eye on it and now needing to add more exercise!!
    I have the 5 lb Danger Will Robinson alarm as well. Keeps me on track. Don't want to be one of those people who comes back lamenting about having gained 30 lbs. I am over 2 years post op and still come on here several times a week. Helps me with accountability and also the great friendships. Your friend is lucky to have you to guide her through. And you will be lucky to have another person who knows what living with a sleeve is like.
    Thanks Christie!!

Hoping your 2019 is fabulous!!