Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Sandra3

It's not 5 pounds, or 10...it's 20!!!!!

Rate this Entry
Oh my!!!!
I'm so mad, but at the same time was expecting it.....
So my pants suits don't fit anymore....I knew bad news were coming my way..
I wanted to wait until my treatment was over but could take months...so I decided to face the scale today : 20 pounds!!! gained since like October!!

Last New year's eve I was sick, when to the ER, got strong cortisone, gained like 10 pounds, my suits was tight but I could wear it...lost it in about 4 or 5 months, but I could see my weight was not balanced as before, I think the antibiotics were really strong and it did start some IBS symptoms again, so I had to decrease my veggies intake...that's never good...because then I eat too much carbs! that's why it was hard to lose.

Then I had surgery in July, and many many complication....lots and lots of cortisone, antibiotics...and here we are...

I'm glad I will be in hospital for one week in January, I hope they can switch my meds then after the tests. If my lungs are better, I might be able to get lower dosage.
Well, I hope!! I know that medication is required and saves my life, but heck, what a set back!!

Submit "It's not 5 pounds, or 10...it's 20!!!!!" to Digg Submit "It's not 5 pounds, or 10...it's 20!!!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "It's not 5 pounds, or 10...it's 20!!!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "It's not 5 pounds, or 10...it's 20!!!!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hang in there Sandra. Just try to relax as I am sure the added stress of everything is not helping at all. I know it sucks to gain but unfortunately some medications do that to us. We want you to get healthy so that you can get back on track. Big hugs. Wishing you a Happy New Year and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers for healthy healing.
    Thanks for your message dear Christie!! I wish you also the best for 2019!!

For sure the weight gain is stressful, but facing the truth was urgent, especially during this time of the year, with so many parties and good food around. It does keep me grounded, even if knowing is painful, it's almost a one year set back...I don't think twice before saying "no thank you" to any treats...indeed I'm stressed on so many levels it's not helping to add the extra weight on the list since I didn't even reach my goal yet...anyway...I hope the docs will help in January!
    I'm sorry to hear you are struggling...
    But you are one tough cookie!
    You can and you will get through this, but for the moment, it's no fun.
    I'll keep my fingers crossed and I sure hope your medication can be altered.
    But for now you need it.
    I won't say your health is more important than your weight right now, because you know that.
    Darn... I said it...
    But knowing that does not make it any easier...

So, here's a project for 2019: first get your health back.
    Then go for it and hit that goal weight.
    You know you can do that.

I'l send good vibes your way for your hospital stay.
    And I wish you a very good and healthy 2019!
    Prayers for a complete resolution of all you health issues, and a healthy and memorable new year. You've been through quite enough!
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchSleeve

So, here's a project for 2019: first get your health back.
    Thank you for your support Simonne!!Health is my first priority for sure!!

I'm really having big hopes in my new medical team and can't wait to be done with my full week at the hospital. I know it's not going to be fun but it's much needed, and they might be able to help on many fronts, I'm interested by finding a solution for those mega huge deficiencies that nothing bit. EVER!!

One of the doctor who called me to prepare my stay is a nutritionist but also specialize in hormones. She said they will focus part of the tests on those issues because it does impact my health a lot.
    My ferritin level dropped 20 points again between Nov and Dec. Of course I know why but with all the supplements I take plus my special diet (blood sausage, lentils, etc etc.. each week) it should not be.

Anyway : thanks for your message Simonne!! I will keep you posted!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieG
    Prayers for a complete resolution of all you health issues, and a healthy and memorable new year. You've been through quite enough!
    Thank you for your kindness Annie!!
    Get well Sandra, get strong and then you'll be able to attack the weight issue. You're a strong person, you can do it!!