Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

EnglishGentleman

Body Lift Post VSG

Rate this Entry
Still in hospital, the pain is as to be expected, but IT WILL BE WORTH IT.

Somehow during surgery some liquid (which I assume was for cleaning my skin) went onto my scrotum and made it red roar, really sore so am having to apply baby rash cream!

Yesterday the nurse had to put some additional dressing on part of the wound so I got see part of what the surgeon did when the nurse took off part of the corset - VERY FLAT tummy looks :-)

And my buttocks feel really tight and not saggy, possiblyfirm enough to crack a walnut!

Home later today, and then a 2-3hr car journey tomorrow to my brother for Christmas with his family and my parent - 10 of us in total....so lots of people to look after me!

Submit "Body Lift Post VSG" to Digg Submit "Body Lift Post VSG" to del.icio.us Submit "Body Lift Post VSG" to StumbleUpon Submit "Body Lift Post VSG" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Congratulations on the new you! I’ll be doing a mommy makeover sometime in 2019 , I had vsg in 2013. I’m having the procedures done in Sacramento California which is 2 hours away from my home. I was told to spend a couple of nights in a nearby hotel and on the way back home to make sure to stop every 15-20 minutes for a short walk as I’ll be at an increased risk for blood clots. Enjoy the holidays with your family and try to get up and move
    The pain tonight is terrible, bloody hell I underestimated how bad it would be!
    I wish I’d spent a few more nights in hospital, basically the pain relief they gave me to take home isn’t up to much Vs what you can get in the hospital, although may be different your side of the pond.
    Crikey charlie! They're discharging you on day 3??
    I think that was the day they discontinued my IV "Patient Controlled Analagesia" *sob sob*, and took out my urinary catheter.
    I was in for, I think, about 5 days, as my abdominal drains were still draining, and even then it was a bit "ho-hum", and I chucked up the antinflammatory.
    Once home I - providentially - had a toilet/shower chair with arms on at home that I was able to put over the loo (I use it in the shower when I am unwell).
    I CAN'T remember using the heavy duty oral pain relief once I was home though.
    I hope that your your family pamper you!
    One week post op.

The pain has subsided massively, compared with the beginning of the week it is fine.

Thankfully no drains were left in post surgery, I was just wrapped up very tightly in a corset type arrangement.

Today I went back to hospital to have my dressings changed. This was a rather unplesent experience as I discovered my chest handn’t been sufficiently shaved pre-op so large clumps of hair came off which was eye watering painful.

My advice here would be, get yourself waxed beforehand.

Thankfully, and most importantly, the wounds are healing very well without any complications.

I still have a substantial amount of swelling in the abdominal area so it will be quite a few weeks (likely 2-3 months) before all of that has gone and the final results are visible and fully appreciated.

I am now wearing a compression vest rather than the elasticated corset that I was wrapped up in after surgery, this feels a whole lot more comfortable, the latter chaffing my armpits into quite a sorry state.

I am even contemplating going to the local pub tonight with a friend of mine, after being housebound all week I’m in need of a bit of R&R, but something in the back of my mind is telling me to not go out and stick to getting better, oh first world problems...
    That is awesome. Skin removal is painful but as long as the results are great it is worth it. Hope you get to crack those walnuts. Keep us posted with how you like your final results. Happy New Year my friend.
    HYN to one and all.

Well, todays been rather eventful...

I bent over and basically the wound in my back opened up quite a bit, a gape. I went back to the hospital and the dresing was changed, thankfully all clean and no infections.

I have to go back Thursday for a minor surgery, the plastic surgeon will stitch me back together.

Unsurprisingly I’m rather upset with this setback. I have been told to take things very easy over the next few weeks.

Dam!
    Bugger that you had this setback but I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end. Just think how fabulous you are going to look :-)
    Apologies for not checking in and updating this blog for a few weeks.

I started going back into the office last week, 3 days in total. Really tired me out walking to and from the train station and to the office.

The wounds are healing really well and the swelling is going down too.

Yesterday I was at the hospital for a dressing change and wound check, the nurse commented how well the healing was going and that she thought I’d lost weight, a nice compliment!

I suspect the weight loss is down to fluid / swelling reducing.

As a matter of fact one week after my operation I weighted myself and was 1lb heavier than the day of the operation, beer in mind the surgeon removed around 5lbs of skin and liposuction fat so that gives an indicTion of how much fluid and swelling there was!

Things are going well, I still can’t fasten the button on my jeans due to the swelling. Indeed for work I had to buy new trousers 4” bigger on the waste than I usually wear, but then have to wear braces to hold them up - means no pressure on the waistline and wounds.

Pain wise has been very well, hardly taking pain killers now.

In hindsight I was too blasé about the operation and the severity of it and also the time needed for recovery.

I was lucky work wise that I could work from home for almost two weeks, aside from a trip into London to meet the lawyers on a company matter.

I’d recommend to anyone considering this to consider taking a month off and, and having a very kind spouse around to help with things.

I will update again when the compression vest can be disposed of, mid Feb.

By then I should be able to post some pics of how I look, but as it stands now it looks pretty good.

I’m looking forward to my summer vacation in Sicily this year!
    Somehow I missed seeing this thread, but am happy to hear you're doing so well post-op, English Gentleman. Congratulations!
    Oh my what a journey! I'm so glad you are on the further side of it. I am sure you will look back and know it was so worth it. I have to say I think you are quite brave. I've had some work done (post cancer) and it was incredibly painful and at 66, I just can't think of doing it again. I can certainly understand wanting to -- but I'm a chicken for certain sure!
    Evening all,

My apologies for not checking in sooner

This week will be 9 weeks post opp. The wounds have healed up well, just a case of time for the “redness” in the scars to fade and my chest hair to grow back & cover the ones from the gynomastic reduction.

I’m still very swollen around the waist, and when I sneeze it hurst the muscles.

Hopefully back to normal in another 4-6 weeks, am missing the gym!