Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Sandra3

Making new soup in an old pot

Rate this Entry
I'm always about balance in diet, did study nutrition for more than two years, and currently study naturopathy, because I think it's always better to try to prevent or treat the whole person, instead of treating just symptoms.

Nutrition is really a way of prevention, and sometimes can also be a "cure".

A French doctor wrote an interesting book, I was reading it about 15 years ago, indeed he didn't have access to today's research about colon absorption etc but what's interesting is that he tried it on patients and for some people it works really well. And it actually makes perfect sens when you read today's studies on the guts/colon and how food is absorbed, and how your body react to it.

I'm having several issues linked to inflammation, and considering trying very soon that "hypo toxic diet" because things are getting worth by the day.

I've known about that diet for many many years, never really tried it fully myself, because I'm really against "strict diets" but was following a few principles for years.
Since lately things are taking a bad turn, I'm thinking about trying it and follow the recommendations at 100%. Because it's worth a shot if it can help and if I can decrease my toxic (but life saving) medication.

A Canadian doctor who tried it on herself saw improvement in 9 days, for others it can be two months or more.
And it's not a cure, but can help alleviate symptoms and pain. The thing is that if you go back to eat "like before" symptoms come back unfortunately.

https://www.seignalet.fr/en/the-seig...et-method.html

In a few words, it's about going without cereals/gluten (are only allowed rice, quinoa, sesame, tapioca and buckwheat flour); no sugar (only honey) avoid fat except olive oil and, and the worth for me, no dairy, cheese, yogurt...nothing with milk.
All protein are fine but it's better to have organic, have more fish, little meat, lots of fruits and veggies etc....
and never forget supplements because lowering the read meat intake can indeed increase anemia.

So that's the basics for the diet, but I will try to find the book in my library to read it again, because it was a big book and don't remember all details. I know that since I was reading that book, many recipe books have been published, so I will look into it too, because cooking without cheese/cream will be a challenge....for sure!

We'll wait for kiddo to be back in college to start it, because she might not be happy to see cheese disappear from my cooking and the first thing she requested to eat when she came back on Thursday.... was a dish made with cheese!

Submit "Making new soup in an old pot" to Digg Submit "Making new soup in an old pot" to del.icio.us Submit "Making new soup in an old pot" to StumbleUpon Submit "Making new soup in an old pot" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Editing here : I was reading one paper published by the author, and to my horror, I was reading he actually advise to eat raw MEAT!!! argh!!! not for me!!! will drive around that point...

So far I decreased a lot dairy and gluten and one of my joint is less painful...but may be it's just a coincidence and the others things I'm' doing...who knows...
    I can tell you the diary would be the hardest part for me as well. I have milk every day and cheese almost every day. But my day starts with a big cappuccino. I could do the rest but milk and cheese....gah. Too hard. BUT...when it is something that can help your health it would be worth the sacrifice. Good luck.
    I have Lynch Syndrome -- and celiac disease. But other than the things that would kill me (lol), I think moderation in everything except simple sugars is good. Those I avoid.

I hope you feel better! Food is indeed medicine!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    I can tell you the diary would be the hardest part for me as well. I have milk every day and cheese almost every day. But my day starts with a big cappuccino. I could do the rest but milk and cheese....gah. Too hard. BUT...when it is something that can help your health it would be worth the sacrifice. Good luck.
    So far it's been almost impossible to follow those new recommendations 100%!! it goes against my palate by also my IBS had been back with all those medications and there's so many things I can't eat right now that adding that new diet and follow it would let me with nothing to eat...I did try...but raw veggies got my IBS a quick, I switched for steamed...same thing. I mix it with rice...hum...I did decrease gluten a lot...at least that's something..
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieG
    I have Lynch Syndrome -- and celiac disease. But other than the things that would kill me (lol), I think moderation in everything except simple sugars is good. Those I avoid.

I hope you feel better! Food is indeed medicine!
    I've been focusing on my diet for over 20 years, the main goal was to avoid "obesity contagion". I did get lucky on that part since none of my kid got obese when living at home and the youngest who's showing signs she has my "bad genes" (she did gained weight with medication at 8 years old, like me) has been healthy so far. She does eat lots of veggies, and does complain about it, like all kids.

My older kid gained a lot in college, and kept the weight with bad new habits she got away from home, her partner is a chef and they eat only carbs and cheese. No surprise here they are getting bigger and bigger each year..and sicker.....it's painful to watch.

But anyway, I'm lucky I don't have celiac, but have many food allergies/intolerance. AND at the same time I have to monitor my iron intake (in food) since supplements alone don't help enough.

What's weird is that with the sleeve, a few things changed in a good way, for example I've been able to eat raw tomatoes post-sleeve, it's not making me sick any more. Well...was not...with all that cortisone I have to be careful right now with veggies because I did have some major issues those past weeks.

Eating became so complicated with the medication messing up my guts! I was hoping the new "plan" would help, but it seems it's getting everything worth...