Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Sandra3

First world problem...

Rate this Entry
Hello friends!! or should I say Ho Ho Ho!!!

Since I develop one health issue after an other, since July, can't drive since October, I did all my Xmas shopping online.

Hoping it would get delivered since "the gilets jaunes" are getting tired of blocking all roads and should be finally resting at home drinking "vin chaud" (hot mulled wine). ....right???

But no.
Still waiting for boxes "lost" because the roads are blocked. Can't believe it! Lucky the kids are older or they would have been really disappointed.

At least, we have enough food to feed an army, but this year it's just us, lucky I am not hosting 20 people for one week like last year.
Plus we have Xmas chocolates!! Yeah!!

I wish you all a very happy Holiday Season!!

Submit "First world problem..." to Digg Submit "First world problem..." to del.icio.us Submit "First world problem..." to StumbleUpon Submit "First world problem..." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You still have a couple of days before Christmas...
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
    I hope you feel well enough to celebrate these days with your family.

Not much Christmas celebrations in here in Morocco.
    I do have a small Xmas decoration in our RV, so still a little Christmas-ish.
    Happy Holidays to you!
    Merry Christmas, Sandra. You're all set!

Ann
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchSleeve
    You still have a couple of days before Christmas...
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
    I hope you feel well enough to celebrate these days with your family.

Not much Christmas celebrations in here in Morocco.
    I do have a small Xmas decoration in our RV, so still a little Christmas-ish.
    Happy Holidays to you!
    Thank you Simonne!

In need of good waves here since one box was stuck for days, was finally supposed to get home yesterday, and got stuck again. So now it's Monday or it will be delivered too late "after Christmas"
    I didn't get many presents this year, so half is in there...

My breezing is getting better for sure, seems the pneumologist gave me the right medications. And my sharp pain (hernia area) is also decreasing since I'm coughing less than last week.

But I can see I'm getting bigger by the minute with all that cortisone in pills and spray, and Friday night woke up during the(short) night with sharp pain in my left foot (big toe area), it's not going away and hurt a lot when I stand, seems it's arthritis (or too much pressure from weight gain?). Really swollen and painful and I didn't even hurt myself so...Again a new thing! Argh!!!

Of course I couldn't see a doctor on Saturday, all clinics are closed. They will reopen on the 26...no point in going to the ER during that time of the year it's full with "all the crazies" those poor doctors have already a full plate.

So my helpers (kids and hubby) will be my sous-chef in the kitchen, we should be able to have a low key dinner without too much standing.

For 15 years we used to travel during that time of the year, I would rather be on a sunny beach...who knows...may be next year!
    Our last Xmas overseas was in Osaka (2016), I did bring little presents and a mini tree (like 5 inches) in my tiny suitcase, Xmas was nowhere in the streets....

But today at home there's a few lights in the entrance (one of the kid got it), but not even a tree or stockings in the living room, I'm too tired to take care of those. I told the kids they could go get the boxes in the suitcase closet (third floor, no way I can do it) but so far no one seem to care!

Enjoy your Moroccan Xmas celebration!! XX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    Merry Christmas, Sandra. You're all set!

Ann
    Merry Christmas Ann!!

yes, the kids are home, chocolate too!!all set!!