Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

lundbergmn

family drama & goodbye elantra

Rate this Entry
Thanksgiving was eventful to say the least. When my husband, I & boys got to my moms my sister announced that she was leaving because I was a bitch & won't apologize to her husband for things I said to her 4 years ago ( that she chose to tell him) & that it wasn't fair that he sits by himself next door for the holidays. I was caught completely off guard & when my brother & his family asked where she was I told them what happened & they were dumbfounded as well. I have had little to no communication w/ my sister since (my choice). Fast forward to last wednesday-I hit a patch of ice 1/2 mile from home, spun out & hit the embankment on the opposite side of the road landing next to a phone pole. Got unstuck from the embankment, picked my front bumper off the road & drove down the road to my house dragging the washer fluid container. My oldest was getting braces that day so I had to go pick him up at school. When I got to his school ( in hubby's suv) I realized I didn't have my glasses on, they had flew off in the accident but my airbag never deployed. Got his braces on & went home & started to get dizzy & my head was pounding & my neck was hurting so we went to med express & I found out I have whiplash. Took the next 2 days off & tried to rest. The insurance company said my car was totaled so we went to clean it out yesterday & I found the prayer card from my dad's funeral in my glove box. He had talked me into buying that car & in some way I felt that was my last piece of him & that he was definitely watching over me! I had no idea the prayer card was in my car. so now I have to get a new car probably for Christmas. so that;s whats new w/ me. Hope everyone is well & healthy!

Submit "family drama & goodbye elantra" to Digg Submit "family drama & goodbye elantra" to del.icio.us Submit "family drama & goodbye elantra" to StumbleUpon Submit "family drama & goodbye elantra" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Oh my goodness. That is a lot to go through. The most important thing is that you are ok from the accident. I am sorry about the family drama but sometimes you have to separate yourself from the negativity....even if it is family. Wishing you a happy holiday.
    Glad you are ok!!

Sorry about the family drama. Can't choose your family I guess!
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    Glad you are ok!!

Sorry about the family drama. Can't choose your family I guess!
    Thank you!!! Christmas should be entertaining! lol! Hope you have a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    Oh my goodness. That is a lot to go through. The most important thing is that you are ok from the accident. I am sorry about the family drama but sometimes you have to separate yourself from the negativity....even if it is family. Wishing you a happy holiday.
    Thanks! Agree w/ separating from negativity!!! I shut my sister out of my life for very similar situation while I was pregnant w/ my 2nd but at the end of my pregnancy she begged me to take her back & pregnancy hormones raging I acquiesced. UGH!!!
    Christmas should be entertaining lol!! Hope you have a Merry Christmas & a Happy new year!