Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Sister CoCo

7 days away and I want to cancel!!!!!

Rate this Entry
I really am concerned Im making a bad decision for my long term health. I am freaking out a bit! Surgery is in 7 days. Help!

Submit "7 days away and I want to cancel!!!!!" to Digg Submit "7 days away and I want to cancel!!!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "7 days away and I want to cancel!!!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "7 days away and I want to cancel!!!!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Maybe you can postpone and give it more thought. Better to do so now than to wait any later. Good luck!
    I did the same thing but I knew if I put it off I would run the chance of not going through with it. I'm a month out after surgery and down 42 pounds and feel great. One of the best decisions I've ever made was to have the surgery.

You won't regret it and I wish you all the best
    If you are really not sure then perhaps a postponement might be a good idea.
    What are your concerns re your long term health?
    What are going to be the long term health effects if you don't surgery?
    I know by having surgery I have extended my life expectancy by years. I am active, healthy, happy and confident now.
    I wish I had been in a position to have this surgery years ago.

You are the only one who can decide what is best for you.
    Good luck with whatever you decide.
    Only you can decide what is right for you. For me, it was the best decision for my health. I love being a sleeved person.
    I am 9 days post-op and I understand getting cold feet. I started getting nervous leading up to my surgery also. All I can tell you is that I have no reservations for going through with the surgery. I have been on dozens of diets over the last 20 years and gained and lost 100’s of pounds. I got sleeved cause I knew this was the only way to lose the weight and get myself healthy. Think through why you are doing this...then decide if it’s the right path for you. I know it was the right decision for me. Best of luck to you!
    I’m 4 months out and am 1 pound away from hitting my goal weight. The surgery was easy and so was recovery time. It really wasn’t that bad and I am very glad I did it. I was terrified right before surgery too and I still can’t believe I went through with it. Totally worth it though!
    I’m 4 months out and am 1 pound away from hitting my goal weight. The surgery was easy and so was recovery time. It really wasn’t that bad and I am very glad I did it. I was terrified right before surgery too and I still can’t believe I went through with it. Totally worth it though!
    If you are not sure, don't do it. Continue with your research.

I can tell you it is the best thing I have done for myself and I wish I would have done it sooner. Never in my wildest dreams did I believe I could ever be a regular-sized, healthy person after living (well not really living) as a miserable, obese person for so long. But I did it! Priceless.
    I postponed mine! I literally feel the exact same way.. I was told I have bile in my stomach and that concerns my doctor, yet my GI doctor doesn't think that's a big deal, but both are unsure the level of acid reflux I might have (although I have no symptoms..) I just felt it was all happening too fast and I just need all my questions fully answered before I make this life altering decision. So many have had such great success.. but a lot have ended up with bad reflux or ultimately had to have revisions. I am not willing to go the bypass route so it scares me to death! Had I walked in and my doctor never questioned anything, I think I would have gone through with it. Have you been told there are concerns? My surgery was suppose to be the 6th.. but I cancelled
    I was very nervous days prior to surgery. Every horrible thought in mind. In the hospital everything got real. I was so nervous. Immediately after suregry I thought “what did I do”. Four days after, I was feeling great. I’m so happy I did it. You will be too.
    I go to bariatric support groups and one woman shared that her cold feet began as she disrobed and started to change into the hospital gown. she Told the doctor that she changed her mind and the doctor told the nurse to immediately take her clothes away! Not wanting to run out the hospital doors with a hospital gown. She proceeded with the surgery and made one of her life’s best decisions. Yes it’s scary.
    Being Apprehensive and questioning oneself is what normal, rational people do. The problem is we have gotton to a stage where our weight loss needs surgical action, and putting things into perspective with all the troubles in the world it could be seen as an easy thing to do to fix a problem.

However, we can only fix what is within our sphere of influence.

Ultimately it is your decision whether to continue or not, or to merely pause the process for a few month. From my on experience I can honestly say it is the best thing I have ever done, when I show people the picture of the big old man I used to be people simply can’t believe the change, my health and well-being are so much better - I’m a new chap!

I wish you well in what ever you decide.