Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

nickaj2815

Food Emotions.

Rate this Entry
I shared this on a form, but I also want to save it as a status update.

I had to lay down my rant about my mini emotional breakdown during the pre-op diet.

I have been taking my time to get ready for my pre and post op diet, since August. Buying some little things here and there to make sure I was completely stocked up. My surgery is not scheduled until 12/12/2018. I knew I would have to do the diet for 2 weeks before my surgery, so I had plenty of time to get everything together. One of the last things I purchased was my broth. I decided to wait until around Thanksgiving to purchase it, thinking it may be on sale since it is a thanksgiving hot item.

A few days before Thanksgiving, I went to my local Wally world (I live within 10 miles of 2 Walmart superstores and a Walmart neighborhood Grocery Store) and picked up 2 boxes of the chicken broth and a bone beef broth. And stored it away I the pantry.

Fast forward to 11/24

I was required to begin the pre-op diet until 11/28. I decided to jumpstart my pre-op diet a few days early, just to give myself a few days to work any kinks out. For the first 3 days. I took in Protein Shakes for all 3 meals per day. But by the 4th day, I wanted something warm for dinner, because I was fighting off a cold.

Now by this day, I was definitely feeling the sugar and carb withdrawal. I was tired, cranky and had a little bit of brain fog. I decided that today I would have broth! I was super excited. I took my broths out of the cabinet, got my pot ready on the stove (yes, I was so excited I was going to heat it up on the stove to make me feel as if I was really preparing myself a grand meal). I opened the top, only to find the security seal was broken. I told myself “Okay no problem, I have 2 other boxes.” I proceeded to open the next box only to find the same thing. I looked at the last box and thought, “well this it, I will go back to the store tomorrow and get more.” I opened the 3rd box only to find the seal on it was also broken. I was furious! I collected myself and decided to take all 3 boxes back to the store, the only problem was I no longer had the receipt. Dag Nabit! By now I am thinking “Well just chalk it up and go to the store.” Now by this time, I am getting very hungry and I am ready to have my dinner.

I leave my home and head to one of the other Wally Worlds that are close to my home. I go to the store and purchased 2 new boxes of broth. I get home and open the first box…safety seal is broken! I open the second box and the safety seal is broke! WHAT, HOW AND WHO WOULD DO THAT TO BROTH! BROTH! By this time, I have broken down crying. I mean balling!

My poor husband hears me in the kitchen and comes in and asks what’s wrong, I just slide to the kitchen floor and through tears explain what happened and that I have nothing to take in for dinner but a shake, and I really wanted something warm on my stomach.

I sat there and cried for about 5 minutes while my husband looked in the cabinet to attempt to find something that I would be able to have for dinner. (eventually, he did but after my breakdown.)

I wondered if I was making the right decision to have the surgery. Never once did I even think of eating any of the other food that was in the kitchen or pantry. I was purely upset that I had now purchased 5 boxes of broth and they were all tainted. And Now I have to drink a cold shake.

Then I thought, you’re not crying about wanting the other foods you’re not supposed to eat during the pre-diet, your crying about the food you can normally have but can’t because of the broken protective seal!

Right then and there I knew I was committed, and I was making the right decision and could make it through this.

Thank you for letting me share

Submit "Food Emotions." to Digg Submit "Food Emotions." to del.icio.us Submit "Food Emotions." to StumbleUpon Submit "Food Emotions." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

The pre-op diet does suck, but it is SO worth it in the long run. Just look through some of those catalogs arriving in the mail and imagining ordering anything you want in tiny sizes. It's like a dream come true!

Your photo is gorgeous, doesn't look like you have weight to lose!
    Awww sugar. That would make me upset too. nag in there. It will be better.