Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Sandra3

Update!

Rate this Entry
Hello dear friends!

Sorry I've been silent for the past few days, being sick is taking all my energy, that and trying to find doctors to help...time consuming..

Recap...

In October, I found a new gyn surgeon, saw her 10 days ago.
She is really nice, and I can tell she is smart. She figured out something I noticed on my blood test (and no other doctor saw it), but since it was from September, I was not too worried.Two months later I was fine so...why worry?
I have an history of pulmonary embolism, and the blood test they did at the hospital in September was also including the d-dimer, which is a marker of protein (when your blood is clotting). But nobody called me to say it was high. I actually had to wait until the genetic testing was finished and it took two months. Since I was receiving nothing I called the hospital and asked to receive those results...So I got the results in November. But I figured...I'm fine now.

Here we are two weeks ago, after all my asthma drama in the train, I had one full week of asthma attacks everyday, all day, after the train episode. It never happened before.
I had to see the ER doctor, my GP.. got again and again a stronger cortisone medication (spray plus pills), changing treatment for a stronger one etc... I was off work for the entire week, feeling awful.

I started to feel a little better, saw the gyn surgeon.
She is completely against the hysterectomy, understand it could help but told me we have to try the scraping first because it is less invasive. She said the burning (NOVASURE) is not safe because of tumors hiding plus she saw very bad complications. Surgery in that area and with my medical history is from her point of view a high risk that we will take only if we can't stop the hemorrhages with a conservative approach.
So she asked me to have an other exam, a hysteroscopy diagnostic, and meet her again soon.

I was back at work last week thinking, I can finally make plans and organize appointments and work lunches without canceling last minute....hum... wait!

Saturday, since my infection was cleared, I followed my doctor's orders and got a flu shot. He told me to get it asap because it takes two weeks to start working, and he wanted me protected before going to the hospital.

6 hours after the shot I had a fever, tachycardia was back on Sunday.
On Monday, listening to my heart and lungs, my doc was like : " I don't know what it is but you are coughing with clear lungs and you have been coughing like that since your week of asthma, this is weird.." and then I remembered those d-dimer. I told my doc I had doubts, did a blood test on Tuesday and the result Tuesday night was even worth!!

So here ...I started to freak out because since Sunday, my breathing was hurting, like if I had bad aches from the flu, so I was thinking first it was a reaction to the vaccine...until the blood test said something else. It was even higher than September!

I was able to find out a place in Paris to have my lungs scan with contrast for yesterday morning (because in my country side in the middle of nowhere they said they had a space ...in January....are you kidding people??? I did explain that if I had PE before, I couldn't wait...the lady didn't care).
Since my hysteroscopy was already scheduled that afternoon, I was off work anyway.

Well, after waiting in the waiting room wondering how I was going to deal with what was coming next, the radiologist came to invite me in his office, and first started to say : be happy, it's not PE!! (happy!! happy!! and relieved...)
BUT there is a "little" issue.
It's a hiatal hernia (I was like what???no way!!! after a sleeve??). We spoke for a few minutes, he asked a lot of questions about my medical history and the past weeks.

The radiologist thinks that since I always had reflux (even before the sleeve) but it got worth post-sleeve, the muscle in the diaphragm area was already weak.
And one week of non stop asthma put a lot of pressure on my abdomen and pushed my stomach...into my lungs cavity....(I didn't even know that kind of thing could happen!!) so it's why my breezing is bad. My lungs don't have enough space..
He told me that diet could help to contain the reflux, I did explain I was already following a "low acid" diet because I stopped the PPI a while ago, and the reflux was not an issue, the breezing was the main concern. So he said to see a surgeon asap, because if my asthma was coming back, it could get much worth.
Also because I had several pregnancies, my stomach was more mobile than a man for example...so with more asthma, more of my stomach could go into the chest cavity (yak..) the main issue is that it could really compromise badly my breezing.

So....on Tuesday, I will first see my gyn surgeon, then my new bariatric/general surgeon...I'm feeling like I just turned one hundred years old...

My husband is devastated. I had to take on me and say positive things during dinner last night, even if I was just so tired and kind of mad. Couldn't breeze well and my heart was still racing like crazy..it never stopped since July....

Because after all, I did have excellent news, no cancer on my uterus, the hysteroscopy was painful but I'm cleared! And no PE is also something in all that turmoil, I told my husband he needed to understand that it could have been much much worth...

Today I had to go find my bigger pants/suits, because indeed all that cortisone made me gain weight like crazy again and I was told to wear lose clothing so I picked one size bigger (and I'm avoiding the scale right now, can't deal with that on top of all the other issues) but I know it's more than 5 kgs...I must say I will deal with that when my health is better.
Plus I'm eating like usual, and don't feel like getting into counting calories and going very low carbs right now like I did last time, it will have to wait for when I can breeze better...

Sleeping sitting...trying to have liquid meals, soups and more soups. Non acidic yogurts..yummy!!

What a week!!
Hopefully next week will bring better news, or at least solutions to my crazy symptoms!!

Submit "Update!" to Digg Submit "Update!" to del.icio.us Submit "Update!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Update!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I am so glad to hear from you!
    I was asking about you in your last topic...
    But OMG, what a turmoil...
    I am so glad they finally found something to help you.
    And no cancer, congratulations!
    Don't worry about your weight now, please get better first.
    I'm anxious to hear what they are going to say next tuesday.
    Just take care now, can't you call in sick at work?
    You have enough to deal with right now I think...
    Sending positive vibes your way.
    xoxoxox
    Thank you for your message dear Simonne! and the good vibes!! need those badly lately!!

I did get many sick leaves at work since July but tried to mix it with vacation days, and go at the office as soon as I feel better. But I was exhausted last week and I only went four days, took a day off on Wednesday I was so tired.

We are lucky in France (for now) to be protected and still paid for up to three months of sick leave per year (with medical certificate) and up to three years (for cancers or deadly diseases) but in that case there is a special file to do, go in front of a commission etc. So I haven't reached those 3 months yet, but it's piling up..and with the surgeries, I could reach it fast. After you get only 50% of your salary for one year (actually my private insurance will cover the difference, but not all people have those kind of insurances)...my work also offer a special way, when you get surgeries and complications to apply for "special sick leave" that a commission can give you for 3 or 6 months, even if you don't have cancer but just when you are not able to work for medical reasons. My HR actually told me I could do that and would be approved quickly. Being sick has many consequences, the financial aspect is big...I will probably lose my "bonuses"...oh well...

But I never missed that much work except when I was pregnant and sick more than a decade ago and feel like I'm ghosting my department right now!

My boss is really nice and knows I'm doing my best, especially because with the long commute it could get things worth. I know a few colleagues have been "making faces"..I don't really care, I'm not going to stay there for ever anyway. Plus I have a few colleagues who know why I'm not at work and also worry.

I can't wait for Tuesday!! My GP even called me today because he was worried (French doctors usually don't do that), he had a family emergency and was away today, but was worried about my scan results.

I was reading a study about the hernia and it seems it could also be a reason for anemia.
    I will have my list of questions ready for my afternoon at the hospital on Tuesday!!
    I will let you know how it goes! I hope they can repair everything soon...
    XOXO

Quote Originally Posted by DutchSleeve
    I am so glad to hear from you!
    I was asking about you in your last topic...
    But OMG, what a turmoil...
    I am so glad they finally found something to help you.
    And no cancer, congratulations!
    Don't worry about your weight now, please get better first.
    I'm anxious to hear what they are going to say next tuesday.
    Just take care now, can't you call in sick at work?
    You have enough to deal with right now I think...
    Sending positive vibes your way.
    xoxoxox
    Goodness what a lot for you to have to contend with. Thankfully there were some snippets of good news in amongst all of that.
    What the scales say are the least of your worries at the moment so it's a good decision of yours to stay away from them.
    I glad that you have an understanding boss! At least you don't have to worry about work too much!
    Please concentrate on getting yourself better.
    Sending you lot of good wishes.
    I do hope you get better soon Sandra, what a worrying time, best wishes
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiGal
    Goodness what a lot for you to have to contend with. Thankfully there were some snippets of good news in amongst all of that.
    What the scales say are the least of your worries at the moment so it's a good decision of yours to stay away from them.
    I glad that you have an understanding boss! At least you don't have to worry about work too much!
    Please concentrate on getting yourself better.
    Sending you lot of good wishes.
    Thank you for your wishes my friend!!
    Seems it's coming from everywhere, my body is at war.

But yes, I don't have to worry about work. Which is big. They can't fire me and I will get paid for a while, no matter what. I know I'm lucky, I have friends in other countries who can't stop working even when sick, and if/when they do, they are jobless!! the only consequence would be a smaller bonus...don't care.

I'm trying my best to find solutions and answers, I'm lucky that I have been interested in nutrition and natural therapy (naturopathy, homeopathy etc) my entire life since unfortunately, conventional medication did save my life several times, but it almost killed me several times too. I'm even thinking about taking a leave from work to get massages and ayurvedic therapy...we'll see what the cat brings on Tuesday! have a good weekend!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03
    I do hope you get better soon Sandra, what a worrying time, best wishes
    Thank you Stacey!! I hope too!! and will do my best to get help on all fronts. I'm glad I went to an other hospital...but I'm so exhausted!! can't wait to get some rest/good news!
    Oh Sandra that is so much to go through all at once. Wishing you some much needed relief from all your ailments. Sending you positive vibes and hugs.