Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Krstal02

7 days Post-Op

Rate this Entry
I am at day 7 post-op! Whoooooo! I am still a bit sore but not in a huge amount of discomfort. I am concerned about the large incision because it is still draining but I am told that is normal and it takes the longest to mend. I enjoyed the experience through Dr. Almanza. He has impeccable bed size manner and his staff were accommodating and attentive. The flight back home was hard on me needless to say yet I made it. I met a woman on the flight who was in Mexico having the sleeve procedure at a different medical facility. It was nice to connect with her. We have been keeping in touch daily. I also met many other people at hospital who had the surgery a day or two before me which made me feel more confident because they were walking around upright. They did not demonstrate discomfort and they bragged about Dr. Almanza. I made the right decision.
Right now my battle in fluid intake... I am struggling to get the adequate amount of fluids into my body. However, I can tell when I am getting dehydrated because my tummy gets spasms and when I consume too much I feel bloated. I am listening to my body and following the nutritional layout to the letter (or at least I try) I stick with the allowable foods I just don't get enough of them inside of me. I'll keep working at it.

Submit "7 days Post-Op" to Digg Submit "7 days Post-Op" to del.icio.us Submit "7 days Post-Op" to StumbleUpon Submit "7 days Post-Op" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hang in there, the first few days are the hardest. "Sip like it's your job" do that all day and walking, deep breathing and just "keeping your eye on the prize" help in the journey during the first couple of weeks. Once you think you have it figured out, it will change so pay close attention to what feels good and what doesn't and take the different stages slow and steady. Hydration and protein are the 2 most important things in the beginning.

Continued success and remain as positive as you are now and welcome to the "Losers' Bench!"
    so glad to hear you had a good experience with Dr Almanza....you hear sooo many things it is hard to know what to listen to. I am having him as my surgeon in Feb 2019. Please continue to keep us updated. How are you managing your drainage? Changing dressing frequently? Keep up the good work!
    Congrats to you, sounds like you are doing great, just sip all day long :-)
    Congrats on your sleeve. It will continue to get better and easier each day. The big incision does take a lot longer to heal. As long as there is no foul smell coming from it I would not be too worried.