Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Stacey03

1 Year Surgiversary!

Rate this Entry
Yikes! That went quickly. It isn't for 2 more days but I thought I would do the post now before I am super busy at work.
So one year out and I don't know if I have got anything particularly useful to say!
I have found the process super easy. I know that not everyone feels like that but I really feel that I've breezed through. I think I went to the same school of sleeve management that Sraubaur did!
I was already fit and a runner and gym junkie but I was an obese fit person. This did come in handy afterwards though as I didn't have a massive shock to the system when starting exercise.
I lost my weight in 7 months and am just maintaining naturally. I don't count or track or anything, I just live. most of my choices are healthy anyway and I tend to eat seafood and veg and the odd carb mainly. I may in the future though, if I need to track. I'm just not feeling it necessary at the moment and it also feels a bit 'diet' to me so I've never been very good at that!
I did whinge A LOT for the first 6 weeks, mainly about tiredness and protein shakes. I DID. I put my hands up! But eventually my energy came back and I was like shuttuppayoface!
I do take a heap of vitamins and supplements and I think it's important for me as I want to get enough protein in and there ain't always a lot of room for fruit and veg. Tinman can tell you about this if you ask him as he gave me some good advice before I had my sleeve.
I do get all my fluids in. I do have a tight restriction so my meals are pretty tiny so I do tend to graze a bit. I know this isn't advised but I just can't fit enough in in one sitting so I have to, so I don't get crack skinny ( this is my favourite expression of Christies :-)
I take an antacid because I suddenly in the last coupe of months started to get indigestion, often if I eat meat, anyway taking one seems to have sorted that.
I exercise most days which is usual for me anyway.
I still eat delicious food, just tiny portions. I cant eat rice or pasta but I never really liked them anyway.
I have loved sticking around this board and learning heaps from people and forming connections and getting and giving support. I think it is nice to stick around for the longer term to do that.
I did have a few sessions with a psychologist because they were offered with my program. I did find these really useful and would encourage anyone to take them up if offered. It was so nice to have that support pre and post surgery.
I do eat chocolate perhaps 3 times a week and just a square or 2 of green and blacks dark organic and also drink half a glass of red wine on occasion!
I think for me the best thing about this surgery was that it took away my appetite for large portions, because although I ate healthy food, I could truffle an awful lot given the chance. It just gave me a freedom to be non anxious in my sporty little world.
How do I feel now... sometimes I am still taken by surprise at being slim. I am also sometimes a little bit offended if someone I haven't seen for a while raves on about my weight loss. I think thats because I was always flying the flag for the big sporty girls and I think that everyone is worthy no matter what size they are. Maybe after weight loss surgery a little bit of your heart gets left broken.
But I am happy and healthy and I don't regret a second. I had done a lot of work in the 5 years or so prior to surgery on being really very kind to myself. I had started my exercise and healthy food and already lost 40kg ish. I think it served me well. Wherever you are at now, be really kind to yourself +++ You really won't get anywhere by hating on yourself. You are so worthy whatever size you are. And if you go down this path then onya!!! It's so worth it :-)
Onward to another great year.

Submit "1 Year Surgiversary!" to Digg Submit "1 Year Surgiversary!" to del.icio.us Submit "1 Year Surgiversary!" to StumbleUpon Submit "1 Year Surgiversary!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You look amazing and you're very wise for such a young lady! Continued success and enjoy every moment of it as you've worked hard and deserve all the happiness you've created from within!
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzeygirl
    You look amazing and you're very wise for such a young lady! Continued success and enjoy every moment of it as you've worked hard and deserve all the happiness you've created from within!
    You are the NICEST!!! YES! XXX
    I love reading your posts - you're so expressive and HILARIOUS, but honest at the same time. Congrats to you on your success and milestone! Thank you for always being an encourager to the rest of us here. I am blessed by you!
    Quote Originally Posted by MsLisa71
    I love reading your posts - you're so expressive and HILARIOUS, but honest at the same time. Congrats to you on your success and milestone! Thank you for always being an encourager to the rest of us here. I am blessed by you!
    Awwwwww, you are a bit of a legend yoself girl!!! xxx
    Yea, I am a little late to the party in passing on my sincerest congratulations! You have simply ROCKED it! Keep up the good fight and keep the "Attitude" displayed in you picture It suites you! Like saying to everyone, " Yea I did it, and you thought I couldn't!" Hah!
    Sorry, somehow I missed this, but girl!
    You nailed it!
    I love the way you embrace this whole process, you are truly an inspiration to many here.
    keep it up!
    Congrats!!!!!
    Stacey, what a wonderful, wonderful surgiversary post! Congratulations on ALL your successes.

And you are SO DAMN CUTE!

I have always loved your Down Under positive, playful, lighten the F**K up attitude. You know the video I'm talking about.

I hope you stick around here. You're so helpful and just so much fun. Thank you for making this a better place for everyone.

Ann
    We are sleeve twins, except I'm probably as old as your mother. We both think this is easy, we both don't track calories or anything, we both are not on a diet. You look WONDERFUL! So happy for your success!!