Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Katrina

Check up

Rate this Entry
I had my annual female check up yesterday except it was more like two or three years since I last went
Oops! Iron - great. Weight - 115.5. BP - 82/58.

First thing my doctor said upon entering the room "Have you always been this skinny?" Hmm. You've been my gynecologist for over 20 years, and you don't know. You delivered my babies. Wtf, man! So I'm thinking he obviously doesn't remember me, but then he asked about my daughter and how she is doing. He just happens to be the only doctor in the whole hospital that demanded we get more doctors and help for her. Him going up to the nurses station and yelling at them to call every doctor they possibly could to come in still flashes through my mind. I love him for that. He is still under the impression that she had multiple strokes, and I didn't bother to go into the whole story and tell him what really happened. I just wasn't up for reliving it. I am so grateful for him though.

I had to go next door to have an ultrasound for pain I've been having in my right pelvic area. I figured cyst. Indeed, it's cysts. When I came back over to his office to get the results a few minutes later, again he started off about my weight. "Were you this skinny in high school?" Close. I was 120. Then he told me how great it is that I've kept the weight off for so long and how he often sees the opposite.

He also checked out my new boobies, and told me to stop worrying about the fact I can feel the bags in them. He said they are perfect, and that my PS did a great job. I told him I wasn't sure if it was normal because I had nothing to compare them to. He said well I do, and they are great. Ha! Thanks, doc!

It looks like there will be an oophorectomy in my future as the cysts continue to be a problem. It's just a matter of how long do I want to live with them. I've already had a hysterectomy, so all that's left is my ovaries. I'm not too thrilled with the idea of instant menopause, so I'll suck it up for as long as I can.

Overall, it was a good checkup, and I was relieved to know that all the increased pain is just the same old same old cysts and nothing more nefarious.

Submit "Check up" to Digg Submit "Check up" to del.icio.us Submit "Check up" to StumbleUpon Submit "Check up" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Seems like you have a great doctor, he might have a few memory issues (so many patients!) but at least remember about your daughter!

The checkup is positive, and you know why you are hurting!

I drink chamomile tea to help with the cysts 's pain, also eat almond because magnesium help with cramps. But when it's too bad only a real pain killer will help..that and a heating pad..

Take care!