Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

crazycibertalk

Tomorrow Surgery/Halloween i

Rate this Entry
Well tomorrow is the day.

As you all experimented anxiety is high. Surgery is in a clinic.
I am scare of the anesthesia, the IV, but not from the surgery itself.

Just look forward of what I will be able to eat on Christmas, looks like it will not be prime rib that my husband cooks every year. I was told that with such small pouch meats are heavy to digest, so guess will be turkey.

I am happy to do this but at the same time I am afraid.
Will I be able to make it and get to goal, will the sleeve tell me when to stop eating, will I be hungry?

Any support is appreciated.

Submit "Tomorrow Surgery/Halloween i" to Digg Submit "Tomorrow Surgery/Halloween i" to del.icio.us Submit "Tomorrow Surgery/Halloween i" to StumbleUpon Submit "Tomorrow Surgery/Halloween i" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hi.
    Being anxious is totally normal. I had never had a general anesthetic before and I was amazed at how wonderful they are. One minute going to sleep, next minute waking up and it's all over.
    I find that red meat is more difficult to eat than chicken or fish but I do eat small amounts of beef and lamb. I just heck it more and it helps if there is a gravy or sauce involved.
    As long as you follow your surgeons plan and do what you are supposed to do you will be fine. Your goal will be reached. Just remember that this surgery is a tool, not a miracle cure, and you will have to put in some work to make it work. It is so worth it!
    All the best for tomorrow.
    Prime rib may be easier on your tummy than turkey, depends on which is the most tender. I had my surgery early October and was able to try a bite of most everything at Thanksgiving. But it didn't matter, as I was too busy listening to all the compliments I was getting!

You won't be at all hungry at first, but that doesn't last forever, sad to say. But by then you'll be dropping the pounds so fast you will want to be careful to follow your new lifestyle. Best of luck to you!

We were all nervous about surgery, but it really was no biggie. Just concentrate on sleeping a lot that first week, and walking and sipping while you are awake. Work on meeting your liquid and protein goals.
    My biggest fear was that this would not work for me and I would fail. Turns out it was a fear for nothing. I surpassed goal with very little effort. You will be able to eat some at Christmas but not a ton. I was sleeved on November 3rd and so I did Christmas around same time post op as you. I ate very, very little. I am now almost 2 years post op and am having no issues with maintenance. The sleeve was the best thing I ever did.