Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Katrina

I got my girl out of the house!

Rate this Entry
Meg had her surgery 3 years ago. She suffered very serious brain trauma 2 months later from excessive vomiting that caused a vitamin B1 deficiency. She was diagnosed with Wernicke's encephalopathy, and was on life support for a couple of months, hospital for 3 months, and left with permanent brain injury. She did get most of her vision back after going blind, but still has terrible nystagmus and no peripheral vision. She also cannot walk without a walker, and even with the walker the walking is not very good. She has suffered tremendous anxiety and depression which seem to be her biggest hurdle at this point. But...

She had a great couple of days. She was walking well and happy. I got her out of the house willingly!! We went to a bar with my husband and a guy that works with him who is close to Meg's age. We fun. She flirted! She did get entirely too drunk off of two drinks. I stopped drinking after about a third of my only drink. I could not risk not being able to take care of her, and the drink was hitting hard. We were only out for 2 hours, but SHE WAS OUT OF THE HOUSE. Unfortunately, now two days later, she is crying with her depression taking over again, but I'll take all the good days we can get.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181016_365.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	27975

Name:	IMG_20181016_5990.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	27976

Name:	IMG_20181016_49440.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	29.5 KB 
ID:	27977

Name:	IMG_20181016_19420.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	27978

Name:	IMG_20181016_9337.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	27979

Submit "I got my girl out of the house!" to Digg Submit "I got my girl out of the house!" to del.icio.us Submit "I got my girl out of the house!" to StumbleUpon Submit "I got my girl out of the house!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

She is beautiful! Hoping for many more good days ahead.
    Great photos of a happy time. Hoping that there are more in the future x
    Meg is your double Katrina!!! I'm glad she got out and had a nice time :-)
    She's a beauty! And some depression is "brain rain" that is not able to be controlled, as I'm sure you know. Prayers and strongest energies for her healing to continue. She's blessed to have you!
    It's great you were able to get Meg out to help forget about the struggles for a while. Hopefully, she gradually wants to get out more and more. God bless you both!
    She deserved some happy time. Hopefully more to come.
    That is so wonderful Katrina!
    I am really happy for her and for you.
    Hopefully this will be an incentive for her to go out more.
    Hugs for you!
    Well done!
    You both look beautiful.
    What a brave lady! You are definitely a warrior. God bless you and your family with strength to go through all you have been through.