Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Vida

4 years out

Rate this Entry
Hi, my name is Vida, I had the surgery 4 years ago. Ive started to gain weight,And am no longer a size 12.....I need some advise from my fellows slevers on how to get back on track. started at 315 lbs current weight is205. I felt good at 185. sounds like a high weight, but im not in this to look like a model,just better self esteem... all help is appreated.

Submit "4 years out" to Digg Submit "4 years out" to del.icio.us Submit "4 years out" to StumbleUpon Submit "4 years out" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

First of all, look on the positive side, you are down 110 pounds. That's an incredible accomplishment!

All you have to do to get back on track is remember everything you were taught in the beginning. Protein first, liquids, vitamins, exercise, not drinking with meals, etc. You still have the restriction, I still do after 5 years. Cut any junk food, try to minimize carbs. You can do it!
    Thans u Staebaer I know what ur sayng….IVe been in this funk and im trying to shake it. its just a tough one.Ive never heard dony drin when u eat Why????
    Don't Drink Lol,,,,
    The reason behind the no drinking 30 minutes before or after and not during a meal is so that you'll stay full longer. Liquids help move the food out of your stomach, and you'll be hungry again sooner than is ideal.
    Thank u Katrina on the 411
    My nutritionist compared my new stomach to a funnel. If I you filled a funnel with food and then poured water into it, the food would wash out of funnel much quicker than if you didn't pour water in. So by not drinking with meals the food stays in your stomach longer and you feel full longer. I was taught not to drink with or 30 minutes after a meal.
    Thanks sraebaer
    I am almost two years out and I have put on about 19 lbs. I had posted to the forum the other day about the fact that it was time to be honest. Sometimes we think we are doing all the right things but in reality we just aren't really being honest with ourselves. I started going back to my nutritionist at the bariatric center every two weeks and I'm proud to say that from two weeks ago, I've lost two pounds. Try to go back and look at the good habits that helped you lose all your weight and pick those things back up. It's easy to stray away from those good habits. The first step to figuring out how to get back on track is to figure out what you're doing wrong.
    Hi Vida.
    Good on your for taking control. As stated by sraebaer go back to the basics. You know what to do. :-)
    Yes to the not drinking and eating. I was told no drinking 30 before and 30 minutes after - and of course not with the meal. I keep a diary of my food intake for the day. Writing it down in black and white makes what I put in my mouth real and I am honest about everything that I put in my mouth!. I also weigh daily - but that's just me! I like to keep a close eye on what my body is doing.
    You will soon be back on track!
    I'm four years out from surgery. Lost 100 pounds. I have maintained ALL my weight loss since then, thanks to (1) weighing every morning, (2) planning and tracking my food on My Fitness Pal, (3) exercising my ass off, (4) staying connected here, and (5) seeing a therapist monthly. There are other things I do, but that's the foundation of my weight maintenance.

Best to you. Main thing is to be DETERMINED TO NOT REGAIN AND ACT ACCORDINGLY!