Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Ccarter9889

3 days out, what did I do?

Rate this Entry
From the moment I woke up to this very min I have been dry heaving or vomiting. I cant hold water down. Im worried about dehydration. Any advice?

Submit "3 days out, what did I do?" to Digg Submit "3 days out, what did I do?" to del.icio.us Submit "3 days out, what did I do?" to StumbleUpon Submit "3 days out, what did I do?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Call your surgeon's office immediately. You do NOT want to get dehydrated.

Your surgeon may order you to the ER where you can receive a drip.
    Yep, as Ann2 said, don't muck around with this. Call your surgeon right away!
    I went to see my surgeon yesterday. 4 liters later and I feel much better. I kept 26 oz of fluid down today. Woo hoo. Now I wonder how soon is too soon to start vitamins? Lord knows I need them.
    Glad to hear you're doing better! Keep it up.

And ask your doctor the vitamin question. I can't remember.
    I was the same for only a few hours after surgery. I have issues with anesthesia. Glad you are doing better. Remember that hydration and protein are your priorities right now. I would wait a little on vitamins unless you can stomach the liquid ones. Pills can be a bit tricky right now, although some people have no issues with them. The multi vitamins made me throw up in the beginning and I could only take the gummy multi vitamins. But hey, if you can keep a multi vitamin down I say go for it. Just remember that the beginning is the hardest and it will get a little easier every day.
    Glad you are feeling better. You are doing well!
    I had an issue with multi vitamins initially. Purchased some recommended chewable ones and they made me feel nauseous (of course I bought a bulk lot that are now sitting in the cupboard!). I am now on capsules but I have to take them after food or they make me feel the same. I think I was about 3 weeks out when I was told to start taking them.
    Wait at least a week before vitamins and just make sure you hydrate. Our surgeons don't recommend the vitamin regime until at least a week later, the concentration is on hydration in the beginning. Make sure you just keep sipping, sipping and more sipping, all day like "it's your job"! Dehydration in post-op patients the first 30 days is the number 1 return to the hospital for fluids! Please try your best to stay hydrated, find a beverage/beverages you like and stick to them. Continued success!
    See if you can tolerate some water enhancers; flavoring like True Lime/Lemon or Mio drops. It makes water more palatable for some. My program had us start vitamins at week 2 when adding protein drinks....1st week we were on clear liquids only.

Sorry you are having a rough go of it.