Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

AudOne769

Hurry up and wait!

Rate this Entry
So after a 3:45am wake up and an hour's drive to the airport I wound up having my flight cancel and get rescheduled. I'm sitting in the airport now waiting for my new flight to get me outta here so I can get this procedure done! I will admit my mind started racing thinking "should I take this as a sign that I shouldn't do this?" But no, I am certain of my decision. Unlike many on this site, I have just 50 pounds to lose. Never in my life have I thought of it as "just 50 lbs" until reading others' struggles to lose 100+ pounds. What I've come to realize though is that no matter how many pounds we all may be carrying with us; it is the mental and psychological burden that becomes so heavy with being overweight. Yes we have physical laments as well, but in my head I have always been the heavy girl. It doesn't matter if it's "just 50 pounds" or if its 100 pounds, to me its all the same and I feel horrible about myself. My boyfriend will often comment that I look great (love him!) and am not doing so bad if I take a look around at others. I chalk it up to my standards though and would I really want to accept being fat just because I'm still smaller than others I may know or hang around with? Hell no! That is not me at all.
So here I sit, patiently (NOT!) waiting to board my plane at 8:50am to get me to San Diego airport so I can start my weight loss journey to newfound health and vitality and pride in myself. Thank you all for your posts and support; reading them all has been beyond helpful in preparing myself for what is to come and to confirm that this is what I want to do.
Have a wonderful day (and please pray that my flight gets me there with no other issues today!) ;-)

Submit "Hurry up and wait!" to Digg Submit "Hurry up and wait!" to del.icio.us Submit "Hurry up and wait!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Hurry up and wait!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hi there.
    I hope all went well with your flight. Delays are sooooo boring aren't they.
    Sending you all good wishes for your surgery. :-)
    Hoping you got there and have had your surgery. Good luck!
    Hope you had a great surgery and are recovering well.
    Hoping recovery is going smashingly!
    Hi all,
    thanks for your kind words and support. Yes I did make it Tijuana finally and surgery went as scheduled for 10-4-18. Am home now (and happy to have wifi) and trying to be patient with my recovery. Gas pains are still pretty horrible and every sip makes me wince. Am hopeful that from reading others' posts that in another two weeks those pains will go away and eating soft pureed foods will be less painful (I'm still doing the post-op liquid diet now and am bored to death with broth!). Today is my first day back at work and am trying to take it easy but definitely am aware that I don't have my normal energy (which I'm sure is diet related).
    Anyway, just wanted to say thanks again. I will report back as I start seeing results and can "eat" some real food! Take care all.
    Glad to hear that all went ok with your surgery. You are on your way to a new exciting life :-)
    Walk as much as you can and keep on sipping that water. You will be more tired than usual so be kind to yourself. Every day it will get better. Best wishes to you.
    Glad you are home -- healing happens best there. Walk walk walk. Sip Sip Sip. Protein! Be gentle with yourself and let your body rest when it hollers at you!
    Glad to hear your home doing okay!