Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

WenchVMc

High ACE score concern

Rate this Entry
I am in 6 month gastric surgery class. close to the end. I am concerned. I have done a medically monitored fasting program twice. Followed the eating plans, did not cheat...weight came back. I have a very high ACE score and wonder if this is why I have so much difficulty. Last night in class there was a lot of discussion about the surgery only being a tool and how people have gained the weight back after surgery.

Submit "High ACE score concern" to Digg Submit "High ACE score concern" to del.icio.us Submit "High ACE score concern" to StumbleUpon Submit "High ACE score concern" to Google

Tags: ace score Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

what is an ACE score? I have never heard of it.
    Adverse Childhood Experience questionaire
    I don't think if you follow the rules you will put the weight back on but if you get into not so good habits it happens. Life is like that though. I think with a high ACE score from what I can understand of it then it would be a very good idea to have a psychologist to talk to and check in with along the way. Trauma can be responsible for a lot and the very best self love you can give yourself is to have someone help you to navigate that. Give it some thought and the very best to you.
    Lots of successful sleevers keep the weight off. Even ones who are not perfect with what they eat. I can tell you that the ones who gain the weight back are the ones who eat lots of slider foods. You can eat a lot more slider foods than real foods. The sleeve is just a tool. But it highly limits how much you can eat when you are eating solid meats and veggies. Ultimately, the sleeve is what you make of it. If you don't change your eating habits you can gain weight back.
    You can totally lose your weight and keep it off. I did, read my "5 Year Surgiversary!" post from Sunday.

Please see a doctor/counselor to get help dealing with the issues of your past. Those of us with ideal childhoods have difficulty understanding what you are going through. I just read "Gorge" by Kara Richardson Whitely about a woman who hiked Kilimanjaro at 300 pounds. (We are planning that trip next summer). It really opened my eyes as to how childhood abuse can affect your weight. It's real - get help. And with help you will be successful! Best of luck to you
    As Sharon said, ideal childhood's might help you not understand. I have an off the chart ACE score. And deal with how my mother's obsession with beautiful daughters (there were 3 of us)as well as her haranging about our weights (which were fine), and then the physical & sexual abuse that causes one to retreat from living in body-present do collude on your journey.

Not only was I a mental health professional as a career, I have had lots of counseling over the years. And friends with whom I have been able to disclose the worst of things without losing their loving friendship. At 66, I still have "moments' of being 5. BUT I journal. and Journal and Journal. Hoping it helps you!