Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Ccarter9889

Vitamin overload...HELP

Rate this Entry
15 days and 7 hours till my VGS and I still have no idea on the most optimal and easiest vitamin schedule. I have a very busy work day and already fear liquid intake is going to be hard...what about vitamins. Any suggestions?

Submit "Vitamin overload...HELP" to Digg Submit "Vitamin overload...HELP" to del.icio.us Submit "Vitamin overload...HELP" to StumbleUpon Submit "Vitamin overload...HELP" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I was allowed to take pills/tablets at 3 days post-op. For a while I couldn't take vitamins on an empty stomach, it would make me really sick.
    I usually took my pills with my protein shake in the morning. Exception for iron, it's better to take it with vitamin C and far from meals.

Try to keep it simple. I usually carry a pill box in my purse in case I'm late in the morning, I can take my vitamins at lunch.

I take a multi, D,omega, and most important iron each day. B12 once a week on Sunday.
    Hi, I take a multivitamin designed for pregnant women as I get anemic easily. It has higher doses of things, I also take vitamins d, zinc and get an injection of b12 once a month. I also get sick on an empty stomach so usually take them when I've eaten. sometimes I don't time it right and it makes me heave after 5 mins! Doesn't last long though! Also I was allowed to take tablets straight after the op. All surgeons are different. Good luck to you. Much excitement!
    Intially just thinking about taking all the vitamins, it could be overwhelming. What has work best for me, is using a 7 day pill box (cost $3 0r $4 at Vitamin Shoppe). Which I refill every Sunday before bed. Most of my vitamins are chewables and meltables besides my Viamin D and B12 (Nasal Spray, take once a week). I carry that box everywhere I go so I don't forget to take them. But I normally take my vitamins early in the morning and after lunch. Hopefully, this helps you some! Good luck on your journey!
    Mine is easy and I've followed it for almost 5 years now.

1. Multivitamin - My nut insists nothing over-the-counter as it doesn't have everything we need, like the iron. I use ProCare Health one-a-day which I order on line or they sell at our local HyVee grocery store. It comes in a tiny chewable for early on, and capsules which I take now.

2. Calcium citrate with D3, 1200 to 1500 daily. (for me that's 2 a day). Can't be taken with the multi vitamins. In the beginning I ordered orange flavor chewable Building Blocks (also on line). Now I just get it at Walmart.
    I take Barilife vitamins and they are great and specifically designed for bariatric patients. The powder is easy to take but i got burnt out on the taste and switched to the pills...6 a day.
    Bariatric Fusion chewables, 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening,it has everything you need.
    I found that if I don't take my vitamins after I have eaten, I get an upset stomach. All of mine are from Unjury.com and are chewable, with the exception of my B12 which is sublingual and from CVS/Pharmacy. I can't wait till I can take a pill form for some of them because they aren't the tastiest.

I take my multivitamin, iron and d3 with breakfast; the calcium, baby aspirin (only have to take these for first month post op), and b12 with lunch. I also added biotin with the breakfast vitamins, since I don't want to lose my hair which is thin to begin with.

Hope this helps,

~*~Christina~*~
    The multi vitamin made me sick in the beginning. Now no issues whatsoever. I do take regular over the counter multi vitamins. I do not take iron as I have naturally high levels. I also take calcium citrate, vitamin D3, biotin, and high potency magnesium 400 for constipation. I used to take B12 but no longer take that. The farther along you get you are not quite as vitamin dependent if you have a good diet but at minimum I would say the multi vitamin and calcium are for life.
    I had serious vitamin aversion and barfing - thn went to the chew gummy ones, and biotin. No problems with those. I take about 30 min after the lunch meal.
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyWade
    Intially just thinking about taking all the vitamins, it could be overwhelming. What has work best for me, is using a 7 day pill box (cost $3 0r $4 at Vitamin Shoppe). Which I refill every Sunday before bed. Most of my vitamins are chewables and meltables besides my Viamin D and B12 (Nasal Spray, take once a week). I carry that box everywhere I go so I don't forget to take them. But I normally take my vitamins early in the morning and after lunch. Hopefully, this helps you some! Good luck on your journey!
    which brands of vitamins do you use in everything you listed inside of your original message?
    I take Bariatric Fusion chewable multivitamins. Take 4/day, I space them out. They include all of what my program suggests including calcium and iron. I like the wild cherry and strawberry flavors. I get them on Amazon - they are $2 more/bottle than the BF website, but I get free shipping with Prime.
    I use Barimelts multi as well as Celebrate multivitamin. In addition to the multivitamin I take a sublingual b12 , Barimelts iron, mega red krill oil and Thorne Cal-Mag citrate effervescent.