Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

KerryPG

50 is the new 40... Right??

Rate this Entry
Hello All,
It has been a while since I posted anything. I had my Sleeve surgery on 2/26/18. I was 212 pounds at 5'3". I am thrilled to say with healthier eating and exercise, I weighed myself and am down 64 pounds to 148 :-). I am 13 pounds away from my goal. It has been hard work. Bariatric surgery doesn't give you a lean and toned figure. It is a tool to portion control. The rest is up to you and anyone who says having weight loss surgery is the easy way out has never been through it!!
My birthday is Friday. That was my target date to hit my goal weight and although I will not bullseye it, I am happier in where I am than I have been in a LOOOOOONG time. For that, I am claiming a victory. This summer has been an incredibly difficult one. We are a blended family with 4 children. 22 Yr old boy, 18 Yr old girl, 17 Yr old boy and almost 16 Yr old girl. The details of why this summer was so hard to too painful to relive. Suffice it to say, we came very close to losing one child, another has become estranged and another has had their share of heartache due to the estranged child and their other parent. There is no greater heartbreak than when one of your kids are suffering. My husband and I have had a great many sleepless nights but we are stronger together than ever. We have deepened our commitment and communication to each other and our family. We are your average family. From the outside looking in, it may appear that we have it all. I assure you we do not. However, out of all of these struggles we have many blessings and that is what I choose to focus on. The gym has become my therapy and my sanctuary. The shower and when in the car alone is my place to fall apart. Some days, it was all I could do to put one foot in front of the other and some days, I didn't. I took these summer months to also look deep within myself and learned a lot about my relationship with food. It would have been much easier to drown my feelings in cake and chocolate but I had so much going on in our family that I couldn't control, food was something I could control. And I did. I didn't succumb to the inner feelings of comfort food because in the end, I would have only felt worse. Once I began seeing the changes of my gym time, I set small goals. I am on my way. My sister in law started selling a brand of active wear and she gave me a pair of workout pants to try. I love this brand. I began to reward myself with new pieces when I achieved a goal. Now, I am a sales Representative for the company! It's something I can put as much or as little time into. For me, the Sales Representative discount is enough perk. :-)
So now that school has begun again, we are in the throws of activities that come with a High School Sophomore and eeek... a Senior bound for college next year. Our oldest has moved back home for now and we pray our third finds their way back to the fold.

All in all, life is better than it was and today is a good day. I am happy with that.

Sending healthy vibes to all,

KPG

Submit "50 is the new 40... Right??" to Digg Submit "50 is the new 40... Right??" to del.icio.us Submit "50 is the new 40... Right??" to StumbleUpon Submit "50 is the new 40... Right??" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Thank you for sharing and many blessings to you and your family!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheyenne323
    Thank you for sharing and many blessings to you and your family!
    <3 <3 Thank you
    Sounds like you are a determined strong person. You have had an awful lot to content with yet you have kept yourself on track and even taken on a new job challenge! Well done you.
    I'm glad you are taking time out for yourself, it does help relieve stress. Prayers that things start turning around for your family, sounds like you and your husband are doing all you can.
    Peace to your home, your hearts and your kids; it's very hard.....I mutter "still my monkeys, not my circus" a lot, lol. We have 6 "adult children"....
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiGal
    Sounds like you are a determined strong person. You have had an awful lot to content with yet you have kept yourself on track and even taken on a new job challenge! Well done you.
    <3 <3 Thank you KiwiGal
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    I'm glad you are taking time out for yourself, it does help relieve stress. Prayers that things start turning around for your family, sounds like you and your husband are doing all you can.
    <3 <3 Thank you srebaer
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieStillG
    Peace to your home, your hearts and your kids; it's very hard.....I mutter "still my monkeys, not my circus" a lot, lol. We have 6 "adult children"....
    <3 <3 Thank you AnnieStillG
    Much love to you Kerry x
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03
    Much love to you Kerry x
    <3 <3 Thank you Stacey
    KerryPG -- you have learned this year that you possess a huge piece of life's most powerful magic: You can care for yourself despite life's nasty slings and arrows.

You aren't the first person on this board whose life has gone sideways in directions we never could have predicted when we started this journey. As you described, when people you love are suffering and you can't POOF! their pain away, you realize that some of the barriers you once thought were unscaleable, e.g., what we put into our mouths, how much we move our bodies, becomes child's play by comparison.

Yup. We are more powerful than we used to think we were. We're not perfect, nor can we ever be. But every day we can get up, suit up, and show up and be incredibly grateful for the opportunities to make it better.

Respect to you!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    KerryPG -- you have learned this year that you possess a huge piece of life's most powerful magic: You can care for yourself despite life's nasty slings and arrows.

You aren't the first person on this board whose life has gone sideways in directions we never could have predicted when we started this journey. As you described, when people you love are suffering and you can't POOF! their pain away, you realize that some of the barriers you once thought were unscaleable, e.g., what we put into our mouths, how much we move our bodies, becomes child's play by comparison.

Yup. We are more powerful than we used to think we were. We're not perfect, nor can we ever be. But every day we can get up, suit up, and show up and be incredibly grateful for the opportunities to make it better.

Respect to you!!!!
    <3<3 Thank you Ann2