Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

kadiev

2 Month Post Op Update

Rate this Entry
I am officially 2 months post op. Today, my weight loss is at 33.8 pounds. I've had days long stalls, lose a couple of pounds, days long stalls. I'm just remaining patient and knowing it will continue to come off. I just finished summer term of school and I will have a month off which I plan to use to my advantage to get out and be more active since I'll actually have some free time. Maybe another ten pounds while I'm off? Fingers crossed.

I have a new question for people.....

I have been using an IUD for 8 years. I was not having a period for most of this time. Since losing weight, I've now started to have a period again. Has anyone had this happen to them? I've heard of extreme weight loss causing amenorrhea but not the other way around.

Overall, I am so happy I've had this surgery. Such a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders, I feel great and I'm not even halfway to my goal weight yet. It is true what everyone says, my only regret is that I didn't do it sooner!

Kadie

Submit "2 Month Post Op Update" to Digg Submit "2 Month Post Op Update" to del.icio.us Submit "2 Month Post Op Update" to StumbleUpon Submit "2 Month Post Op Update" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Since I am way post menopausal, I don't know - I would give my primary care doctor a call and pose the question. Since your hormones are all interdependent in the endocrine system, I am thinking it happens. But make certain, because you can fix things sooner than later if they aren't oky.
    I made 2 months on the 21st. My surgery weight was 368, today I am 336. Have you experienced the plateaus? It is really frustrating to not see it come off as fast as I would like. I am working out 3 times a week and my calorie intake is 1000 and under. Any suggestions are
    welcome
    It is very common for your cycle to go haywire after surgery, mine did. But it usually settles down within a few months :-)
    I totally agree with Stacey! My normal schedule cycle routine was totally interrupt after surgery. So, it very common. However, it's getting back to some normalcy.
    I too have an IUD. I rarely had a period before surgery. Then after surgery had 3 within 2 months. And then I spotted for an entire month and a half. Now, at almost a year out, I get one period every month and a half or so. You're body and hormones are going haywire, like Stacey said, so it's just your body's reaction to a major surgery and major diet change.
    Probably should see a doc about your cycles. I did hear on a doc interview show about bariatric surgery that some obese women are infertile and when weight is lost you become more fertile.