Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

sgshoopz

3rd month since sleeve -- slow weight loss?

Rate this Entry
Is it normal for the weight loss after surgery to slow down? Into my 3rd month after surgery. Been following diet and feel like I'm doing more and feeling better but weight loss has really slowed down. I know I have lost a lot of weight since the 1st of the year but this month it seems like nothing is coming off like it had been. Any thoughts????

Submit "3rd month since sleeve -- slow weight loss?" to Digg Submit "3rd month since sleeve -- slow weight loss?" to del.icio.us Submit "3rd month since sleeve -- slow weight loss?" to StumbleUpon Submit "3rd month since sleeve -- slow weight loss?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I'm at 14 weeks out and my weight loss is definitely slowing. I am working on keeping my protein between 60-80g/day and carbs under 50g/day, usually around 800 cals. I hit this most days, and I probably need to add some more workouts in but I keep hearing conflicting advice on whether to work out or not during the first 6 mos postop. I already get between 6-8K in steps just at work each day.

By the way - love your flamingoes!!! I'm a fan!
    Stalls are perfectly normal and expected. Your body need time to adjust. I was a "slow loser" and it took two years to reach my surgeon's goal. I had many many stalls, starting on the 3rd week.... It's not a sprint but a marathon .
    If/when you feel down because the scale is not moving, just look at what you accomplished so far, it will make you feel better.
    Take care!
    I was a fast looser but when I did stall it was after a few months of basically doing and eating the same thing.....exercised on my elliptical, ate cheese, chicken and yogurt....when I stalled (this could just be a coincidence) I took a break (a week?) from exercising and ate some skittles, cheated a little.
    I threw my body off its routine, so when I got back to my routine it got back to loosing.
    again, could be a coincidence.
    Dont always focus on the scale, it will drive you crazy. Focus on how you feel, and all of your NSV's. They say if your not losing pounds your probably losing inches.
    As long as you do what your supposed to do you will loose the weight :-)
    I’m only a month out but met with my dietitian yesterday who told me it’s normal to have a stall at 3 months and again at 6 months.he said this is because it takes 3 months of the swelling to go down and 6 months for the stomach to completely heal
    Totally normal! Just keep eating how you should and you'll be fine, promise.

You've probably lost a lot already. I journaled my weight once a week, and a few of those weeks I stayed the same and a few I gained. But I met my goal in about 9 months.
    You have probably hit the "3 month stall." Stick to the basics and you will get through it.
    I have stopped just now, But having just started walking around the Golf course again, Been using my buggy for over a year but now feel fit enough to start walking again, Was a good feeling to get walking again, I was not sure if it was my night cap's of a couple of Vodka's and diet coke was the reason I had stopped, So it was nice to read I am not the only one, Thank you all for sharing, This sight is a good help to me, David
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmanxman
    I have stopped just now, But having just started walking around the Golf course again, Been using my buggy for over a year but now feel fit enough to start walking again, Was a good feeling to get walking again, I was not sure if it was my night cap's of a couple of Vodka's and diet coke was the reason I had stopped, So it was nice to read I am not the only one, Thank you all for sharing, This sight is a good help to me, David
    Wait, you’re 3 months out and drinking vodka and Diet Coke?
    Yes and now am 6 months out and still drinking it, The Vodka kills the fizz in the coke as we all know, So it does not fill me with gas or want to explode, I don't smoke any more , We must have or treats and am still loosing weight , But not as much as at first, I am not on any diet of any sort , I do make sure I eat my multivitamins in the morning and afternoons, I am eating the same food as everyone else , But not as much as they do and I try not to eat chips more then twice a week, Half a child's portion on a menu is normally enough, If I have a battered fish with salad I normally eat the salad and bring the fish home for another meal a couple of hours later, I think its far to say on here we all have or own goals in life, I try to do what is best for me and how I want to live mine, David