Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Shirl

Getting back on track

Rate this Entry
Since getting back on track I lost 3.2lbs.

I went for my annual check-up. I am happy to report that my AC1 and sugar levels still in normal ranges. My albumin/protein and most vitamin levels excellent. The only concern is my iron levels which are even lower than last year. My doctor has recommended that I do an iron iv drip since I am not absorbing iron.

I have a diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound today. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. Hopefully it’s nothing, but I have a cyst on my left breast.

I complete my summer classes today and I have two finals to turn in by this evening.

Overall, I am reminded that I am in a much better place than I was three years ago, with the sleeve I have some control over my health. I just have to keep practicing the tools to continue on my health and weight goals and stay there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	246D4A7A-C7EF-41FC-842F-7949EF98C94E.png 
Views:	285 
Size:	194.1 KB 
ID:	27854

Name:	246D4A7A-C7EF-41FC-842F-7949EF98C94E.png 
Views:	285 
Size:	194.1 KB 
ID:	27854

For my 50th birthday I did a photo shoot and I love this photo! It reminded me of a similar one someone took of me when I was 18 years old. That same spirit abides in me.

Name:	40C19AA9-2090-4BB4-93F9-0B8B610E443F.jpeg 
Views:	301 
Size:	331.9 KB 
ID:	27855

Name:	D844D409-C54D-43E7-BA21-37562CA43C68.jpeg 
Views:	309 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	27856

Submit "Getting back on track" to Digg Submit "Getting back on track" to del.icio.us Submit "Getting back on track" to StumbleUpon Submit "Getting back on track" to Google

Comments

So vibrant and beautiful, Shirl. Hoping for all the best with your mammogram today. Undoubtedly, you have those finals in lockdown. You're a superstar!
    I will keep you in my prayers. You know I think the world of you. You are a beautiful person inside and out. Sending big hugs and positive vibes your way. Good luck on your finals. You totally got this!
    Good on you for getting back on track!
    The pics are fab.

Hoping all goes well with your mammogram and ultrasound.
    Fabulous photos Shirl. Good vibes for the mammogram too! I have had a few iron infusions and they helped me heaps so I highly recommend them. And 3.2Ibs go you :-)
    I love your photos!!! and you look wonderful!!

I'm not allowed to do the iron infusion (allergies), I hope it will help you. Seems it's the only thing really working on the long run..

Good luck for the finals!! XOXO
    Hope all your tests turn out for the better. Nice pic's, looking good. Best of luck to you!!
    Great photos.
    Hope all good with the mammogram.
    I had one on Monday and the radiographer was interested in how much weight I had lost. She could obviously tell from the previous x-ray.
    Keep up the good work :-)
    Gorgeous photos! Hope all is well.
    You look great!! I pray for you iron levels and overall health.. Be well
    LOVE BOTH THOSE PIX OF YOU, Shirl!

Yeah, the first few mammograms post weight loss are chatty sessions.
    Prayers for accurate test results! And congratulations! Love your pictures!