Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

crazycibertalk

Streaching if the stomach

Rate this Entry
I was told that the stomach can streatch when you over eat little by little.
Is there someone that streatched the stomach? Does it go back? Did you gained all the weight back?
May be a good question for the ones that had the sleeve for a while.

I am really concern specilly because I can never tell when I am full unless I ate so much and feel bloated, otherwise no sign.

Thank you!

Submit "Streaching if the stomach" to Digg Submit "Streaching if the stomach" to del.icio.us Submit "Streaching if the stomach" to StumbleUpon Submit "Streaching if the stomach" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hi, I'm 3 years and 4 months out and yes you will gain some weight back. With that said it is normal but when I say weight I mean roughly 8 - 15 lbs. give or take not 40 or 50. I do not touch soda or anything with carbonation ever which is hard because Champagne was my favorite as well as diet pepsi but that part of my life is over. It's a small sacrifice for the gift of losing a ton of weight. You haven't been sleeved yet so of course you can eat and eat but once you are officially sleeved those days will be over. In the beginning you will barely be able to keep water, broth or protien shakes down but over time it will get better and better. I still can't eat more than one slice of pizza or eat an entire burger which is great and why we get this done. You must follow the rules to a "T" before and after surgery and adjust to your new normal. Be extra careful of slider foods like cookies, cake, crackers etc., they are easy to get down and easy to gain weight from so don't be fooled by it. I do believe the stomach does stretch a bit but like I said carbonated drinks are a no no and overeating is another no no. During your first year especially be very careful and eat slowly to test and see what you can handle. If you over eat you will literally froth at the mouth, it's digusting and the worst feeling. My first year I stayed away from restaurants as often as possible but if you must go order an apetizer, to this day I still get the app. unless I want leftovers. I hope this helps you out, as with any major change there is allot of sacrifice and major life changes but the payoff is so worth it. Since surgery my lowest weight was 128.5 and my highest 142.5, I definitely fluctuate but my most comfortable weight is 138 and that's where I try to stay because at 128.5 I looked sickly and people were wondering if I was anorexic and bleive it or not I actually feel fat at 142.5 which is so strange but it is what it is. Good Luck!
    Yep one slice of pizza and a half of a burger is my limit. I keep the single pizzas by Red Baron in the freezer at all times and a half of one of those is plenty.
    I used to drink 2 - 2 liters of Dr Pepper or Pepsi every day. I stopped totally after surgery but during the last maybe 6 months I might buy a 20 ounce bottle and drink it over a 5 day period. Found mini ice cream sandwiches which I love as a snack and they're tiny so they're perfect for every other nite. Either those or Yoplait Light Boston Cream Pie Yogurt for a snack. I go out to eat often not a biggie - my best male friend and I go and since he naturally eats as little as I do we either order samplers or appetizers or maybe a meal to split. Pretty much eat whatever I want - just had a half of a bowl of biscuits and gravy (frozen ones) - if I want it and can tolerate it I'll eat it. I get on the scale maybe 2 times a month and for the past 5 years it's been between 105 and 113.
    everything zoey101 said is right on point, when she and I were at our lowest we went out to breakfast and were complaining of how people were calling us boney and looking sick because being in the 120's at our height just wasnt looking good.
    it took less then a year to loose 133lbs, took another year and a half to gain back to my goal of around 140.....but then I got lazy, it was winter, wasnt doing too much exercise but I was snacking.....I gained up to 158 very fast
    But that was from slider foods. unfortunately they dont make me full.....as for burgers, 1/2 of one and thats pushing it. pizza, one slice. chicken I can eat 3/4 a breast.
    I have drank soda, but literally 2 sips and then pass it to my kids.
    You can, and will, gain after a few years. our stomachs are like rubber bands....they strech... if you keep taking that extra bite after feeling full you will eventually stretch your stomach.
    the good news, at least for me, Is when I gained to 158lbs it took me very little time to get back to 142. Mostly just from paying attention to what I put in my mouth