Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Shannon'sVSG

Random Thoughts

Rate this Entry
Good Morning Community!

It's currently 1:45 AM CST and I am unable to sleep. Call it anxious, nerves, excitement, or a combination of all three, but I find myself wide awake in anticipation of my 10:20 AM scheduled surgery this morning, so I figured "who better to spend time with during these wee hours than the GS Community!"

As previously stated, I am unsure if it I am anxious, nervous, or excited, but one thing is certain, I am happy that a resolve to this dilemma is in sight. Sure, it will be rough going in the early stages of recovery as I have been told I will need to regain full range in motion due to the fact that my arm with have the tendency to stay in a bent position. But that goes without saying. If I need to work the hell out of my arm, I will do just that. Whatever it takes to regain full use of my arm again.

I know that sounds quite drastic, but given the severity of the break, I am doing little more here than repeating the words said to me by the surgeon regarding what will be required of me in the immediate future. Couple with that the risk I spoke in my previous post and well...it certainly put into perspective the need to "bust my ass" as I like to say in order to rectify this situation. But I digress...

I have not been able to exercise in well over a week now (something I feel lost without right now) but I understand the importance of doing so in the coming weeks. This is not to say that I am backsliding, rather I am doing my best to stay the course to ensure that I do not become lethargic and gain weight.

I won't lie, it is tough. When you can do little more than relax your arm all day, you tend to become slightly lethargic. But that is half of the battle isn't it? My tendency is to stay preoccupied with things that do not require me to eat. This way I feed out of necessity rather than out of boredom.

Anyway...

I think I've taken up enough of your time. As I go into this procedure today, know that I am taking with me the well wishes for a speedy recovery. Anything to keep a positive mindset.

Take care community!

Shannon

Submit "Random Thoughts" to Digg Submit "Random Thoughts" to del.icio.us Submit "Random Thoughts" to StumbleUpon Submit "Random Thoughts" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You can walk Shannon!!! Unless you are deep in snow! Then there are snow shoes right? The ones that look like tennis raquets! Good luck with it all. You will do fine! :-)
    Hi Edie!

Walking is the one thing I have been able to do since driving while on pain medication is not an option. It's not the most comfortable of experiences considering I am carrying around a splint made of plaster that stretches from my wrist to my armpit, but hey...do what you must, right?
    Pray your surgery goes well! I'm not exercising either, sitting in intensive care with my mom going on day three. Sometimes life gets in the way and we can't worry about it. At least in the hospital the food sucks. Binge watching a lot of Netflix, which I'm sure burns tons of calories.
    Pray your surgery went well!
    Hi Shannon
    I hope all has gone well with the surgery.
    I am certain that you will indeed "bust your ass" to rectify your situation!
    You have the strength, fortitude and determination to get to where you want to be and I just know that you will do whatever it takes to get there.
    We are right behind you :-)
    Kia Kaha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon'sVSG
    Hi Edie!

Walking is the one thing I have been able to do since driving while on pain medication is not an option. It's not the most comfortable of experiences considering I am carrying around a splint made of plaster that stretches from my wrist to my armpit, but hey...do what you must, right?
    Yes it's not fun is it?! You look after yourself Shannon and I hope this trying period in life is soon over for you and you heal up a treat :-)
    Best wishes to you!!
    Hi Shannon!
    How did the surgery go?
    I hope all is well!