Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Christie13

Family Pictures 2018-Fit and Fabulous-Strong Girls Rock-Sleeved Life

Rate this Entry
So we took our family pictures when my son was here visiting from college. I am so very pleased with how they turned out. It has been crazy hot here in Texas. Right at 100 and up. The high the other day was 109!!! The day we took our pictures it was right at 102 when we took them. I was super worried that we would look all sweaty and crazy but she kept us in the shade and was very quick and efficient. I swear we were done in about 10 minutes. LOL. Guess that is because the kiddos are all big now. She did a really great job. The youngest 2 are in braces so they don't like to smile with their teeth but the pictures still came out amazing. All the strength training the hubby and I do is definitely noticeable in our pictures.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fp18.jpg 
Views:	458 
Size:	492.0 KB 
ID:	27818
Me and the hubby!

Name:	fp 18-3.jpg 
Views:	459 
Size:	353.1 KB 
ID:	27819
The whole crew!

Name:	fp 18-2.jpg 
Views:	438 
Size:	352.4 KB 
ID:	27820
A fun one!

It is amazing to recall the days that I hated taking pictures and would usually delete most of the ones with me in it. Or creatively crop it so I didn't look as fat. You get used to hiding behind your kids. Trying to manipulate your double chin into one. You hate what you see and feel so deflated. So worthless. It is not a good feeling. And now post sleeve I feel like a million dollars. Yes, we can all say how health was the main reason we did this but truly...it is about feeling good about ourselves again. I no longer cringe when I see myself in pictures. No longer have to hurry up and untag myself in an unflattering pictures on Facebook. Even in "bad" pictures I look a thousand times better than I did before. I can't wait to see my surgeon for my 2 year follow up in November. He was absolutely floored at my 1 year appointment and it has only gotten better. The strength training has really, really firmed me up so much. Yes, it takes time and work but I am totally worth it!!!
I hope you all realize the importance of continuing to work your body and use your sleeve to it's potential. I know that without the working out I would not be as happy with my results. My skin would be looser and I would not feel as strong. I know you can be thin without working out but I don't want to be thin. I want to be fit and fabulous. And in my opinion....totally nailed it!!
Hope you are all living your healthiest life possible. Sleeve on my friends.

Submit "Family Pictures 2018-Fit and Fabulous-Strong Girls Rock-Sleeved Life" to Digg Submit "Family Pictures 2018-Fit and Fabulous-Strong Girls Rock-Sleeved Life" to del.icio.us Submit "Family Pictures 2018-Fit and Fabulous-Strong Girls Rock-Sleeved Life" to StumbleUpon Submit "Family Pictures 2018-Fit and Fabulous-Strong Girls Rock-Sleeved Life" to Google

Comments

You have so much to be proud of!

Congratulations on all your accomplishments to date, and all the ones you will rock as well!

Don't tell the kids... but... You and your hubby look like the Big Brother and Big Sister in the pics!

#FitandFabulousGoals!
    HI Christie, thanks for posting all your recent photos. You look amazing. You are a real inspiration for me. You look fantastic.
    Nailed it!!! Also you look about 15 Christie!!!! xxx
    You look like one of the kids! Go you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirl
    You have so much to be proud of!

Congratulations on all your accomplishments to date, and all the ones you will rock as well!

Don't tell the kids... but... You and your hubby look like the Big Brother and Big Sister in the pics!

#FitandFabulousGoals!
    Aww thanks Shirl. It is funny because usually when you lose weight your face gets gaunt and you look older. I totally think the opposite of our results as well. I think we look younger. I definitely FEEL younger!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by elllie
    HI Christie, thanks for posting all your recent photos. You look amazing. You are a real inspiration for me. You look fantastic.
    Thanks so much Ellie! I swear, as long as you follow the rules and keep exercising your results just get better and better. Even though I had lost all my weight by 10 months post op I look a lot firmer and healthier now at almost 21 months. The thing that I was so worried about pre op was my legs because I had really heavy legs and they were so fat and I had the ugly knee bubble of fat. So as they started to slim I really worried about the skin. While they aren't perfect, there is only some loose skin towards the top and it isn't so bad. It has steadily improved with time and strength training. Even with the bit of flapping it does when I run (and I run in short workout shorts or a running skirt), I love my legs more than I ever dreamed I would. The wagging doesn't bother me when I run. And when I am not running it is minimal. I will wear short jean shorts and make no apologies for the loose skin. Badge of honor and of where I have come from. You got this! You will be inspiring others!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03
    Nailed it!!! Also you look about 15 Christie!!!! xxx

Hahahaha. I feel 15! LOL! I have the energy of a teenager!
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    You look like one of the kids! Go you!
    LOL. I keep hearing that I look like their sister. Granted I am sure the height helps a lot, too. I am very pleasantly surprised that I don't have a saggy face from the weight loss. I had a friend whose face looked terrible. Granted she did not eat well and did minimal exercise. She was actually 300 at the start and only lost about 80 lbs last I had talked to her. I am pretty sure she will be unsuccessful in the long term because she has terrible eating habits. We don't talk anymore but I had seen some recent pictures and it looks like she did not lose anything additional but her face sag is terrible. I swear by the fact that we need good nutrition and exercise to be successful.
    Gorgeous photos!! You do look so much younger!!! and it seems that hubby did loose weight too!!

For the sagging skin, unfortunately there not much to do, and most of it is genetic. My skin was sagging for the first few months (my belly was really bad) it got better everywhere except on my arms and my neck did get better too but I do feel like a turkey some days

Hydration and the right nutrition do help for sure, but I must say I'm lucky at 45 to have less wrinkles on my face than colleagues who are 10 years younger. Of course I don't drink or smoke, always use sunscreen (everyday even during winter), clean my face morning and night and use mostly organic cream/oil/makeup, a really simple regimen but consistent since I was 15.
    My main secret is organic rosehip oil that I apply at night on my clean skin right before bed, and also used it a lot on scars, it's really a big help.

But I must say that after loosing so much weight, and feeling "alive again" with no joints pain all day, being so active compared to before, the sagging skin is really not the worth part.
    Y'all look like a fabulous family! Lots of health! And you are a very pretty woman with lots of love around you.

Congratulation!
    Hi you look fabulous girl! Your strength training really has paid off! I am newly sleeved and have no idea what type of strength training I will do once I am cleared for it. Shaun T's Hip Hop excercise video's are an option. Any tips on the strength training?
    You look fantastic and not at all like the mother of four beautiful kids, more like their sister.
    Great pics!
    All that hard work sure payed off!
    You totally rock.
    I love that last picture.
    You two so much in love!
    you look fabulous! like the big sister instead of mom. congratulations on your hard work and congrats on your beautiful family.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra3
    Gorgeous photos!! You do look so much younger!!! and it seems that hubby did loose weight too!!

For the sagging skin, unfortunately there not much to do, and most of it is genetic. My skin was sagging for the first few months (my belly was really bad) it got better everywhere except on my arms and my neck did get better too but I do feel like a turkey some days

Hydration and the right nutrition do help for sure, but I must say I'm lucky at 45 to have less wrinkles on my face than colleagues who are 10 years younger. Of course I don't drink or smoke, always use sunscreen (everyday even during winter), clean my face morning and night and use mostly organic cream/oil/makeup, a really simple regimen but consistent since I was 15.
    My main secret is organic rosehip oil that I apply at night on my clean skin right before bed, and also used it a lot on scars, it's really a big help.

But I must say that after loosing so much weight, and feeling "alive again" with no joints pain all day, being so active compared to before, the sagging skin is really not the worth part.
    Yes he did!!! About 40 lbs! And we feel awesome. Yes. I agree. The bit of sagging skin that remains is not something I worry about. I don't even care when the thigh skin dances along as I run. And time and continued exercise definitely help. I am lucky to have good genes as well. I will be 45 in September and feel like I look way younger. My face skin did not really sag post op. I feel blessed.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieG
    Y'all look like a fabulous family! Lots of health! And you are a very pretty woman with lots of love around you.

Congratulation!
    Thank you Annie! You are such a doll! Love ya to bits. I feel great and I really, really enjoy the exercising. I love feeling so strong And it definitely allows me to eat more to have so much muscle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat B
    Hi you look fabulous girl! Your strength training really has paid off! I am newly sleeved and have no idea what type of strength training I will do once I am cleared for it. Shaun T's Hip Hop excercise video's are an option. Any tips on the strength training?
    Hi Cat! I have my workout plan listed on the exercise forum. It was created by a friend who is a personal trainer. (Well was.) It is very efficient. We actually ordered a Marcy home gym MWM-990 from amazon prime. At the time it was only like $300 on sale. I know I have seen it at Academy Sports for about $250-$300. Just gotta get it on sale. Worth every penny. But realistically most programs can be done with a good set of dumbbells.
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchSleeve
    You look fantastic and not at all like the mother of four beautiful kids, more like their sister.
    Great pics!
    All that hard work sure payed off!
    You totally rock.
    I love that last picture.
    You two so much in love!
    Thank you!! You are too sweet. We are totally in love. We have known each other since we were 16/17 years old.
    Quote Originally Posted by erc70
    you look fabulous! like the big sister instead of mom. congratulations on your hard work and congrats on your beautiful family.
    LOL. I keep hearing that but truthfully it never gets old. Thanks for your kind words.
    Oh Christie!

This is so beautiful.
    Look at you and your wonderful family.
    My Goodness you are looking Fabulous and fit and toned and so young to have this gorgeous family.
    Do you know how much this helps people like me to achieve the maximum that this wonderful tool can achieve?

Well firstly I have been reading on the forum since December of last year.
    I really figured out that rather than just get thin and Thanks to everyone on here How to eat healthy protein and the benefits of that.
    I suddenly became interested in being fit as well.
    Honestly it was a shift in attitude and my own belief that loosing the weight was only part of the story.
    So I began swimming everyday and then bought a tricycle( I have vertigo so was not able to go on 2 wheels without problems)
    Then I bought some dumb bells.
    Now I have just invested in a pilates machine for home use.

When it cools down here in October I will ride my bike to the park that has all the gym equipment and start ther also.
    Why I ask myself because its possible without 26 KG to drag around and I want to !
    Maybe I want to do the best for my self at last!
    I am sure it would not have happened if i had not read so much from everyone here on this forum,

So Happy for your Health more than anything and thats the MIND,BODY AND SOUL!
    I wish You well,
    Thanks for sharing your wonderful photos from someone who has really appreciated the direction you have inspired in my life,
    xx
    Quote Originally Posted by Pudsley
    Oh Christie!

This is so beautiful.
    Look at you and your wonderful family.
    My Goodness you are looking Fabulous and fit and toned and so young to have this gorgeous family.
    Do you know how much this helps people like me to achieve the maximum that this wonderful tool can achieve?

Well firstly I have been reading on the forum since December of last year.
    I really figured out that rather than just get thin and Thanks to everyone on here How to eat healthy protein and the benefits of that.
    I suddenly became interested in being fit as well.
    Honestly it was a shift in attitude and my own belief that loosing the weight was only part of the story.
    So I began swimming everyday and then bought a tricycle( I have vertigo so was not able to go on 2 wheels without problems)
    Then I bought some dumb bells.
    Now I have just invested in a pilates machine for home use.

When it cools down here in October I will ride my bike to the park that has all the gym equipment and start ther also.
    Why I ask myself because its possible without 26 KG to drag around and I want to !
    Maybe I want to do the best for my self at last!
    I am sure it would not have happened if i had not read so much from everyone here on this forum,

So Happy for your Health more than anything and thats the MIND,BODY AND SOUL!
    I wish You well,
    Thanks for sharing your wonderful photos from someone who has really appreciated the direction you have inspired in my life,
    xx
    Thank you for your kind words Carla!! Beautiful name, by the way. It was my mothers name as well. <3 Yes being fit and healthy is soooooo much better than being thin. Don't get me wrong, I want to be thin but strong. I don't want to be skinny fat. You know....when you look thin but have no muscles. You are just soft. Also, fitness is what is going to help us maintain our wonderful weight loss. Congrats on all your success so far! Hugs.
    Good looking family
    Looking great! I used to always hide behind my family in photos. Now I post photos on Facebook!
    Quote Originally Posted by Krstal02
    Good looking family
    Thank you so much!
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    Looking great! I used to always hide behind my family in photos. Now I post photos on Facebook!
    I hear that. I was the queen of artful cropping. LOL.
    You look WONDERFUL, Christie! I’ve been MIA on here and popped in today. You have a beautiful family.
    Lori!!! I have missed you my friend. Thanks so much. I hope you are doing well.
    I’m doing good. It’s been a struggle at times but I haven’t beaten myself up. My appetite found its way way back after 5 months or so and I fought it tooth and nail. By last January (10 months post op) I was eating more I noticed, not a lot, but 1200 calories a day and I was gaining weight... even with working out. I stopped weighing daily and logging my food and STOPPED THAT 2 weeks ago. Back to the grind (meaning going back to basics) and it works, go figure, LOL! Down 4 pounds in one week. I don’t feel bad either because I know the pounds will come off and it’s not a whole lot that I did gain. I posted a few pictures today under Summer 2018 in my albums.