Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

kk2013

Been a long timeee!!!!

Rate this Entry
Hey guys it’s been along time since I’ve posted on here I just want to say that I have been losing weight but not as much as I wish I could frankly because I haven’t been eating what I’m supposed to be eating but I would love your advice on how to get back on track and what to drink and eat also I want to get your advice on what vitamins you guys take because I do get tired and I get dizzy I feel like I just have no energy which takes a big toll on me and that’s why I don’t feel like working out so much please help me the best you can I’m naming some brands and stuff I can take for vitamins I do snack a lot so I want to see if you guys can help me pick on some good ones and is it normal for me to be hungry almost every two to three hours please let me know what you guys think and I hope everybody’s weight-loss is going amazing I currently weigh 300 pounds so please help me I would love to loose another hundred pounds I used to be 420 much love KK from Dallas Texas

Submit "Been a long timeee!!!!" to Digg Submit "Been a long timeee!!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Been a long timeee!!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Been a long timeee!!!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You may want to reach out to some of the veterans here directly like Tinman, Ann2, Sraebaer, Kindle, to name a few. I have not been active for a while, but noticing they continue to support newbies, and sleeved.

From the sounds of your blog post you know what to do. From my perspective, sounds like you need to give yourself permission to believe in yourself, and allow yourself to do the things you know to do. I know because I see me in you.

There are several great threads going on currently on the #Post gastric sleeve forum. There is lots of good advice there. Check them out.

But, again, you described the five pillars/anchors of sustainable post gastric sleeve life.
    1. Protein-First Rule, protein is the building block for building muscle, healthy organs, skin, hair, nails. High nutrient complex carbohydrates vegetables take second high priority. Followed by low-glycemic fruit such as blueberries. These are high in fiber another important building block for mental alertness, elimination, and building your good gut bacteria.
    2. Supplementation, such as multivitamins and minerals. I am a fan of prescription grade vitamins ask your local gym, doctor/nutritionist/pharmacist/vitamin shop to recommend. Pre op through about a year post op I used Bariatric Advantage. Currently, I am using D’Adamo for your blood type supplements. Try a vitamin packed protein shake as a snack.
    3. Hydrate with water in between meals. No water during meals. The thought is that when we are eating water will push protein out before it starts breaking down to absorb needed nutrients. My thoughts on this is that our nutritional absorption starts at the first bite! That’s why we must chew, chew, chew and chew some more to not only help break proteins into smaller mushy bites so they don’t feel stuck in our esophagus/stomach (remember our stomach is the neck on a upside down corona bottle)... but most importantly, chewing creates the necessary enzymes to breakdown food! And it start in our mouth!!! Isn’t that awesome!
    4. Exercise. Oh boy. I just got back to the gym myself after a toe injury during my first half marathon. I completed it though! And I am back. Three days weights, two days circuit training. That’s the goal. It is recommended that at 30 minutes of heart pumping exercise a day. Start slow. You can do it!
    5. Mindfulness. Self-care. Eat mindfully for me means, being intentional about my food choices. It means enjoying my food. It means no distractions. Family time. Maybe conversation with myself if I am eating alone. It means no grazing or no scheduled planned snack. You have to define what self-care means to you. For me when I fail to smother my skin with lotion and it starts getting dry, it’s a sign that I have dropped the ball on caring for myself. If I don’t make my bed for several days, I ask myself am I depressed or busy stressed. These are tell tale signs that something is happening in my life that made me forget about rule 1-5.

Again. You got this!!!