Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

BarbyK

Am I one of the "slightly overweight" ?

Rate this Entry
I suppose I am one of those people who are only slightly overweight. I weigh 203 and am 5'1" tall. I have struggled with my weight for over half my life, I'm in my mid 60's. I have most of the co-morbidities that my insurance requires one to have to receive the surgery. I'm like others who are extremely obese, lose weight, gain weight, clothes too tight, you name it and I've been through it. I'm just done. Hopefully I'll have 20+ years of life left, and if I do, I want to be healthy to be able to deal with whatever God gives me. I thought this was funny, my practitioner asked how much I want to lose, I said maybe get down to 145. She said, why don't we try for 135? I never thought I might even have the opportunity to even think of being 135 again. So who knows. I may lose only 50 lbs or I might lose 70 or so. My weight has bothered me so much, just as much as someone who is 400 lbs. These reasons are why I'm having the sleeve. Scheduled for August 21. I have been following you for a while and I love your posts and I admire you! Have a great day, everyone!

Submit "Am I one of the "slightly overweight" ?" to Digg Submit "Am I one of the "slightly overweight" ?" to del.icio.us Submit "Am I one of the "slightly overweight" ?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Am I one of the "slightly overweight" ?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hi Barby. You are 38.4 BMI which would put you into the obese category. I always thought I was fat but not obese. I actually gained some weight to qualify for surgery through insurance because my plan required me to be at 40 BMI and when I went in originally I was at a 38.6 BMI (191 lbs). So I gained some weight and went back. That being said, I went from 207 with a 41.6 BMI to 108 with a 21.8 BMI. I am only 4'11". I lost all my weight in about 10 months and will be hitting my 2 year post op in November. You could easily get under 135. Thing is, your body will decide where it wants to be. My goal was 120. It is a pretty amazing thing.
    Onya Barby. I had a lower BMI too. bEST THING I ever did :-)
    Barby, I had a lower BMI, and I'm 66 -- I am now at 121, 20.9 BMI and feel fantabulous. Less meds, cleared up co mordibidities, and lots of energy. Go for it!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieG
    Barby, I had a lower BMI, and I'm 66 -- I am now at 121, 20.9 BMI and feel fantabulous. Less meds, cleared up co mordibidities, and lots of energy. Go for it!
    Thank you! I was hoping to get in touch with some of the mid 60's sleevers! I used to weigh in the 120's but that seems so out of reach, but who knows!
    Go for it....same here. 5'1 I weighted in @ 177 for surgery. My goal is to get to 125lbs and I'm in my mid 60"s