Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Shannon'sVSG

Sidelined...Again.

Rate this Entry
Hi everyone.

I'm going to keep this short as I am typing with one finger with my left hand (I am right-handed.)

I broke my elbow on my right arm and cannot type very well right now. Hence the delayed responses. I am still here and reading posts, just not posting myself.

I do apologize and hope you understand.

Shannon

Submit "Sidelined...Again." to Digg Submit "Sidelined...Again." to del.icio.us Submit "Sidelined...Again." to StumbleUpon Submit "Sidelined...Again." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Oh no Shannon!
    Boy sometimes life is just very very trying isn't it?!!
    Hope you are not in too much discomfort and heal fast.
    Kia Kaha!
    OMG, hope you heal quickly! Are you a klutz like me? I am always falling off my bike (I blame the shoes) or tripping over rocks or roots hiking in the woods.

Feel better!
    OMG, what happened?
    Were you operated on?
    Hope things will be better soon.
    Oh gawd Shannon, poor you! Get better soon :-)
    Best of luck Shannon, hope you get better soon. I am home for a couple weeks myself as I just had Hip surgery. Recovery isn't fun but we have to make the best of it. One positive thing, you should be a better typist now since you will get lots of practice with your left hand??
    How in the world?! You need to take good care of yourself. Hope you heal quickly. Hugs!
    Hi Lisa, sraebaer, DutchSleeve, Edie, Mike, and Christie.

Thank you for the well wishes. You all are awesome. I wish I could respond to you all individually, but I think that is asking too much of myself right now, so...

Some back info on what happened. I tripped over a dog gate Saturday evening and my right elbow broke my fall. I dislocated, as well as broke it - which I found out yesterday does require surgery. I will be taking care of this next Tuesday, so I will really be out of commission for a while. I will still be around, just more silent than usual - a rarity for me, I know.

Talk to you all very soon! Have a great weekend!

Shannon
    We'll listen for you in the silence! I live in terror of falls (osteoporosis) and 24/7 vertigo. So grateful you are getting it taken care of. Prayers for great success and fast healing.
    Annie
    Ow, ow and more ow!
    Take care of yourself and all the best for the surgery and recovery.
    We'll be thinking about you and looking out for your return!
    Hi AnnieG and Lisa (and everyone within the GS Community),

Thank you for the warm wishes for my surgery. I greatly appreciate it.

While this past week has not gone without its fair share of challenges, a crazy as it sounds, I am very much looking forward to Tuesday wherein this terrible issue will be fixed and I will be on the mend.

To say I am nervous is an understatement. As you well know, with any surgery there is risk. Unfortunately, this could have an adverse affect should they happen to hit a nerve (I could lose the use of my right hand .) But this needs to be done in order for the bone to heal properly. So onward I must go. If I don't check in before Tuesday, know you are all in my thoughts and that the kind words have been duly noted and appreciated.

Until we speak again...

Shannon