Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

SapphireLevaou

Only the Beginning

Rate this Entry
Omg i can't believe I'm having surgery again. My name is Brianna I'm 22 recently married on august 8 2017 to my wonderful other half Sean. I previously got the brazilian butt lift and breast aug for bigger boobies on June 2015. At the time or a bit before I got the surgery done my oldest sister told me to just do squats and that i'd get the butt I wanted but I was like nope I wont not even close to the size that I want and then she suggested that with the money I was saving for my brazilian to use it to go towards a bariatric procedure if i really wanted a slimmer look but I spoke with my surgeon Dr. Kenneth Hughes( hes on Realself.com) he said that after the weight loss I wouldnt have enough fat for him to use to get me the size butt that I was wanting. Well a few months after surgery he finally gave me the go ahead to workout but by that time I had been out with my home girls and I wasnt eating the best plus I had school and work so I wasnt doing the best to keep the physique that he had crafted for me so then I gained the weight back in my midsection and went back to the same 192 I was before the surgery. Now the reason for me getting gastric sleeve is that my highest weight has been 210 and now I generally fall between 197 and 205lbs but from what other doctors have told me I have to lose 20-30lbs for me to regain my fertility back so that I can finally start a family with my husband.I'm 5'2 between the 197-205 so im considered overweight for me height range. I have metabolic syndrome and lipodystrophy so losing weight hasnt always been an easy thing for me at all whereas my mom and 2 older sisters they're able to just certain things out and add some moderate exercise and theyll lose weight all over and I hated that even though my mom went with me to a doctor appt with a fertility specialist and they told both of us that I would have to do a lot more work for weight loss than what my mom and sisters can, my mom still advised me the same as she always had so Im like meh nevermind dont bother giving me advice when you didnt even listen to the doctor.

Submit "Only the Beginning" to Digg Submit "Only the Beginning" to del.icio.us Submit "Only the Beginning" to StumbleUpon Submit "Only the Beginning" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

  1. Ann2's Avatar
    Sapphire, are you SURE you're really ready to do the work required to be successful long-term after weight loss surgery? The sleeve by itself will definitely NOT fix your weight issues. All you have to do to understand that is to read some of the many threads here about long-term success. You'll have to change your lifestyle in some very significant ways to maintain the weight you do lose.

    I don't think I've ever said this to anyone here before. But, honestly, your post and your head seem to be all over the place! You've got a lot going on. You've had a lot of change in your life and you're anticipating a lot more change in your life soon.

    One more thought -- research about bariatric surgery reveals that people who have WLS because they need to improve their health are MUCH MORE likely to be successful long-term than those who have WLS primarily to improve their appearance.

    I could be WAY off base here. And I'm willing to be yelled at if I am. I do wish you the very best going forward, however you decide to go.
  2. DutchSleeve's Avatar
    I was thinking along the same lines.
    Thank you Ann, for putting that in writing, I didn't want to write something wrong...

    But this is a surgery for health, it is not for those who want to only look good.
    You will have to change your life as you know it completely.
    It takes determination and full commitment to have good results.
    But what is your BMI?

    But I could be totally wrong and have misread your intentions.
    That makes two of us you can yell at...
  3. Stacey03's Avatar
    Brianna, hallo! I get you... it's nice to have a great figure and there is nothing wrong with wanting that. The harsh truth though is that you won't get that by surgery. You just won't. You need to get your ass out of bed at 5 am and get down the gym and you you have to squat for your life. I know this, I've done the study ;-)
    Mind you, you have got a bit of help with the implants. Gastric sleeve will help you lose weight but if you don't have a regular exercise program and are mindful of what you are eating you will regain. Thats just facts.
    The kind of result I think you are talking about comes from a dedicated program of going to the gym. You want quads, You want butt, you want a waist. The only way you are going to achieve this is by getting yourself to the gym every day. You have time, everyone has time. You will never get the result you want by surgery alone. Even the Kardashians work out. Yup they do... they have their butt implants but they still squat. Hmmm, hmmmm. You need to build a healthy lifestyle. You need to eat excellent healthy food and you need to work out. And yes you might need the sleeve to help with the excess weight beforehand. Fair enough but you cant leave the other stuff out if you want to get the kind of results you are describing. Sorry for the tough love on that.
    In terms of fertility and getting pregnant..... GIRL, YOU ARE 22!!!! Sorry about the tough love on this too but really, you have no business having a baby when your main concerns are looking like Kim kardashian, not that there is anything wrong with looking like Kim kardashian But really, 22, you have got years ahead of you to have babies. Plus you will probs make a much better job of it later. Pregnancy will also affect your figure.
    Again, I'm sorry for the tough love. I think your goals are great but you have to work hard if you have goals like that. It would be great if you decided to do that :-)
    Also don't diss your mama. She is still right about you needing to exercise and work out whether you have metabolic syndrome or not. It's time to grow up and realise you cant just have everything instantly. You need to work. Realising that will serve you well in life. Good luck.
  4. sraebaer's Avatar
    Already 2 cosmetic surgeries at 22? Everyone looks great at 22!

    The sleeve is not a cosmetic surgery.
  5. SapphireLevaou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    Sapphire, are you SURE you're really ready to do the work required to be successful long-term after weight loss surgery? The sleeve by itself will definitely NOT fix your weight issues. All you have to do to understand that is to read some of the many threads here about long-term success. You'll have to change your lifestyle in some very significant ways to maintain the weight you do lose.

    I don't think I've ever said this to anyone here before. But, honestly, your post and your head seem to be all over the place! You've got a lot going on. You've had a lot of change in your life and you're anticipating a lot more change in your life soon.

    One more thought -- research about bariatric surgery reveals that people who have WLS because they need to improve their health are MUCH MORE likely to be successful long-term than those who have WLS primarily to improve their appearance.

    I could be WAY off base here. And I'm willing to be yelled at if I am. I do wish you the very best going forward, however you decide to go.
    Hey so ultimately I havent had the best health at all and I know that with this weight loss I will no longer have type 2 diabetes, PCOS, or high cholesterol. I also want to be able to have children which I've been told by many doctors that I need to lose weight for it to happen I also dont want my current bad health to get in the way of when I do get pregnant that I'd have a high risk pregnancy or get in the way of me being a sports mom where i can keep up with them. I've watched several youtubers who have gotten the sleeve, I have a pinterest with different recipes and guides for post-op and I also have an Amazon acct with a wishlist of the protein shakes and abdomen binder and several other things that i've found from the forums and groups on this website as well as things that I found from the youtubers that I've watched. I do understand that this is a HUGE lifestyle change that takes alot of work I also know what gym I want to join after I'm released for more intense working out.
  6. SapphireLevaou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchSleeve
    I was thinking along the same lines.
    Thank you Ann, for putting that in writing, I didn't want to write something wrong...

    But this is a surgery for health, it is not for those who want to only look good.
    You will have to change your life as you know it completely.
    It takes determination and full commitment to have good results.
    But what is your BMI?

    But I could be totally wrong and have misread your intentions.
    That makes two of us you can yell at...

    lol i dont have a need to yell at anyone and it isnt just for look I dont like the way my health is and standard diet and exercise hasnt worked for me, I know that with weightloss you can achieve a body that you've never had before or hadnt had since you were in elementary or middle school but I'm going for this for the health benefits knowing that improved appearance is just an added perk. please see the msg that i send to ann2.
  7. SapphireLevaou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    Already 2 cosmetic surgeries at 22? Everyone looks great at 22!

    The sleeve is not a cosmetic surgery.

    I had them done at the same time I was flat-chested and had a hank hill ass so I wanted to have those features and yah unfortunately I have lipodystrophy from HIV meds I took when i was a child it was a long term side effect so my stomach has always protruded but after the surgery with lipo I saw that my stomach didnt protrude from the inside it was from the fat on the outside leaning forward due to gravity so i was glad to look smaller. But yah even with supple skin i wanted to be able to fill out tops and bottoms better. I also understand that the sleeve is not a cosmetic surgery but I do have health issues that diet and exercise hasnt helped I've done working out with my sisters, a person trainer, and HIIT workouts. They havent helped and I played sports in school like volleyball, band, and softball. So even when i was in school i didnt lose weight form playing sports and it didnt change after graduating back in 2014. I want to be healthier and I have plenty of guides from this site as well as watching people from youtube on their journeyys. I also have a pinterest with guides and recipes for post-op as well as a amazon wish list with protein shake mixes and other things for the following weeks after and for life cause I know that this is something permanent and life changing
  8. SapphireLevaou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03
    Brianna, hallo! I get you... it's nice to have a great figure and there is nothing wrong with wanting that. The harsh truth though is that you won't get that by surgery. You just won't. You need to get your ass out of bed at 5 am and get down the gym and you you have to squat for your life. I know this, I've done the study ;-)
    Mind you, you have got a bit of help with the implants. Gastric sleeve will help you lose weight but if you don't have a regular exercise program and are mindful of what you are eating you will regain. Thats just facts.
    The kind of result I think you are talking about comes from a dedicated program of going to the gym. You want quads, You want butt, you want a waist. The only way you are going to achieve this is by getting yourself to the gym every day. You have time, everyone has time. You will never get the result you want by surgery alone. Even the Kardashians work out. Yup they do... they have their butt implants but they still squat. Hmmm, hmmmm. You need to build a healthy lifestyle. You need to eat excellent healthy food and you need to work out. And yes you might need the sleeve to help with the excess weight beforehand. Fair enough but you cant leave the other stuff out if you want to get the kind of results you are describing. Sorry for the tough love on that.
    In terms of fertility and getting pregnant..... GIRL, YOU ARE 22!!!! Sorry about the tough love on this too but really, you have no business having a baby when your main concerns are looking like Kim kardashian, not that there is anything wrong with looking like Kim kardashian But really, 22, you have got years ahead of you to have babies. Plus you will probs make a much better job of it later. Pregnancy will also affect your figure.
    Again, I'm sorry for the tough love. I think your goals are great but you have to work hard if you have goals like that. It would be great if you decided to do that :-)
    Also don't diss your mama. She is still right about you needing to exercise and work out whether you have metabolic syndrome or not. It's time to grow up and realise you cant just have everything instantly. You need to work. Realising that will serve you well in life. Good luck.
    I had them done at the same time I was flat-chested and had a hank hill ass so I wanted to have those features and yah unfortunately I have lipodystrophy from HIV meds I took when i was a child it was a long term side effect so my stomach has always protruded but after the surgery with lipo I saw that my stomach didnt protrude from the inside it was from the fat on the outside leaning forward due to gravity so i was glad to look smaller. But yah even with supple skin i wanted to be able to fill out tops and bottoms better. I also understand that the sleeve is not a cosmetic surgery but I do have health issues that diet and exercise hasnt helped I've done working out with my sisters, a person trainer, and HIIT workouts. They havent helped and I played sports in school like volleyball, band, and softball. So even when i was in school i didnt lose weight form playing sports and it didnt change after graduating back in 2014. I want to be healthier and I have plenty of guides from this site as well as watching people from youtube on their journeyys. I also have a pinterest with guides and recipes for post-op as well as a amazon wish list with protein shake mixes and other things for the following weeks after and for life cause I know that this is something permanent and life changing
  9. SapphireLevaou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    Already 2 cosmetic surgeries at 22? Everyone looks great at 22!

    The sleeve is not a cosmetic surgery.
    My surgeries were done when I was 19, 3yrs ago. and I do have major health issues that I want to get resolved.
  10. SapphireLevaou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03
    Brianna, hallo! I get you... it's nice to have a great figure and there is nothing wrong with wanting that. The harsh truth though is that you won't get that by surgery. You just won't. You need to get your ass out of bed at 5 am and get down the gym and you you have to squat for your life. I know this, I've done the study ;-)
    Mind you, you have got a bit of help with the implants. Gastric sleeve will help you lose weight but if you don't have a regular exercise program and are mindful of what you are eating you will regain. Thats just facts.
    The kind of result I think you are talking about comes from a dedicated program of going to the gym. You want quads, You want butt, you want a waist. The only way you are going to achieve this is by getting yourself to the gym every day. You have time, everyone has time. You will never get the result you want by surgery alone. Even the Kardashians work out. Yup they do... they have their butt implants but they still squat. Hmmm, hmmmm. You need to build a healthy lifestyle. You need to eat excellent healthy food and you need to work out. And yes you might need the sleeve to help with the excess weight beforehand. Fair enough but you cant leave the other stuff out if you want to get the kind of results you are describing. Sorry for the tough love on that.
    In terms of fertility and getting pregnant..... GIRL, YOU ARE 22!!!! Sorry about the tough love on this too but really, you have no business having a baby when your main concerns are looking like Kim kardashian, not that there is anything wrong with looking like Kim kardashian But really, 22, you have got years ahead of you to have babies. Plus you will probs make a much better job of it later. Pregnancy will also affect your figure.
    Again, I'm sorry for the tough love. I think your goals are great but you have to work hard if you have goals like that. It would be great if you decided to do that :-)
    Also don't diss your mama. She is still right about you needing to exercise and work out whether you have metabolic syndrome or not. It's time to grow up and realise you cant just have everything instantly. You need to work. Realising that will serve you well in life. Good luck.
    My surgeries were done when I was 19, 3yrs ago. and I do have major health issues that I want to get resolved.
  11. SapphireLevaou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03
    Brianna, hallo! I get you... it's nice to have a great figure and there is nothing wrong with wanting that. The harsh truth though is that you won't get that by surgery. You just won't. You need to get your ass out of bed at 5 am and get down the gym and you you have to squat for your life. I know this, I've done the study ;-)
    Mind you, you have got a bit of help with the implants. Gastric sleeve will help you lose weight but if you don't have a regular exercise program and are mindful of what you are eating you will regain. Thats just facts.
    The kind of result I think you are talking about comes from a dedicated program of going to the gym. You want quads, You want butt, you want a waist. The only way you are going to achieve this is by getting yourself to the gym every day. You have time, everyone has time. You will never get the result you want by surgery alone. Even the Kardashians work out. Yup they do... they have their butt implants but they still squat. Hmmm, hmmmm. You need to build a healthy lifestyle. You need to eat excellent healthy food and you need to work out. And yes you might need the sleeve to help with the excess weight beforehand. Fair enough but you cant leave the other stuff out if you want to get the kind of results you are describing. Sorry for the tough love on that.
    In terms of fertility and getting pregnant..... GIRL, YOU ARE 22!!!! Sorry about the tough love on this too but really, you have no business having a baby when your main concerns are looking like Kim kardashian, not that there is anything wrong with looking like Kim kardashian But really, 22, you have got years ahead of you to have babies. Plus you will probs make a much better job of it later. Pregnancy will also affect your figure.
    Again, I'm sorry for the tough love. I think your goals are great but you have to work hard if you have goals like that. It would be great if you decided to do that :-)
    Also don't diss your mama. She is still right about you needing to exercise and work out whether you have metabolic syndrome or not. It's time to grow up and realise you cant just have everything instantly. You need to work. Realising that will serve you well in life. Good luck.

    My surgeries were done when I was 19, 3yrs ago. and I do have major health issues that I want to get resolved.
  12. Stacey03's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SapphireLevaou
    My surgeries were done when I was 19, 3yrs ago. and I do have major health issues that I want to get resolved.
    I totally get you more now Sapphire. Those old HIV drugs caused a lot of those effects and that must have been difficult for you. My partner's a HIV doctor incidentally! They were really good reasons to have those surgeries. And now you're all set with the deposit down for the sleeve. Yay. I think you are going to do well Sapphire but still get your ass down the gym and don't be having babies yet! LOL. I only tell you all these things because I've made all the mistakes myself like 20 times over!!! Its good to have you on the board and it gives you heaps of time to ask all your questions and everything :-)