Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

crazycibertalk

scare of nausea and volmiting- prior band and removal

Rate this Entry
Hi, My surgery is coming in November.

I am scare, my eating habits now are not in control now.
When I had the band I lost but after my mother passed, I started to continuously vomiting anything that I put in my mouse except liquid and shacks foods.
Maybe I ate fast, maybe I was very stresses out and did not pay attention. But ended removing the band. Gain all the weight back plus plus.

Now considering sleeve and I am scare it may happen again, my family does not want to see me on the sink every time at dinner...

Can you share about this issue?

Is there somebody there that had a band before and removed and done sleeve and is successful now.

Any help is appreciated.

Submit "scare of nausea and volmiting- prior band and removal" to Digg Submit "scare of nausea and volmiting- prior band and removal" to del.icio.us Submit "scare of nausea and volmiting- prior band and removal" to StumbleUpon Submit "scare of nausea and volmiting- prior band and removal" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Many people have had the band to sleeve conversion. Hope you hear from them!

I've just had the sleeve and never thrown up. Not once and it's been almost 5 years. So you may have nothing to worry about!
    I didn't have a band pre-sleeve. Just the sleeve four years ago.

And I have never thrown up. Not even once.
    Unlikely that you will spend your life vomiting. Bands are notorious for that and its no wonder that a lot of surgeons just don't do them anymore as they also have a host of other problems. It sounds hideous and tiresome!! Most people don't spend their life vomiting with the sleeve. I have vomited an odd time but it has generally been because I have either eaten too fast or I have taken my vitamins with not enough food in my belly, and then that just makes me heave!
    Be excited and positive. There really is no need to spend any energy worrying about this :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    Many people have had the band to sleeve conversion. Hope you hear from them!

I've just had the sleeve and never thrown up. Not once and it's been almost 5 years. So you may have nothing to worry about!
    Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03
    Unlikely that you will spend your life vomiting. Bands are notorious for that and its no wonder that a lot of surgeons just don't do them anymore as they also have a host of other problems. It sounds hideous and tiresome!! Most people don't spend their life vomiting with the sleeve. I have vomited an odd time but it has generally been because I have either eaten too fast or I have taken my vitamins with not enough food in my belly, and then that just makes me heave!
    Be excited and positive. There really is no need to spend any energy worrying about this :-)
    Thank you
    I am sorry you had such an awful time.

I can relate to your anxiety about throwing up. I will do anything in life pre sleeve and after to avoid that.
    I was expecting it to happen and I thought it was not a good enough reason for me to not have the surgery. Guess what I have only thrown up once ! and do you know it was not bad at all !
    1) It was my fault for eating chicken liver - too quickly and its the only thing I really don't fancy anymore.
    2) It was more a case of feeling horrible that I wanted to - excuse the expression reach and get rid of the bad feeling, Unheard of for me !
    3) I eat such small amounts it was nothing like normal vomiting. More like a baby brings back, in fact painless and killed some of the fear I have had for years!

So... If I can do it !
    I can only say your body sends some weird signals that you will recognise is a signal that you are full.
    Like hiccups, runny nose, sneezing, lots of saliva a fullness in your throat.
    Then you stop and walk away and say Maybe I can have that portion that is left next meal time.

Ask away I am sure someone who has been banded and is now sleeved will give you more info than I can.
    But its the best thing ever - I love my sleeve.
    Take Care
    Let us know what you decide.
    x
    Thank you
    Hi Crazycibertalk. I had a band in 2007 w/ so many difficulties of choking and throwing up that after several years I just had the surgeon keep it deflated in the open position b/c I hated it. I had the band removed 2 years ago and then this year got the sleeve. I am happy to say that I don't throw up w/ the sleeve. Occasionally if I over eat in quantity I can feel food backing up into my throat some and at the most I may spit up a little, but this has only happened a few times and even then I didn't really throw up. I have had some issues with reflux but this is more like a horrible taste in my mouth and not throwing up.

So far the sleeve has been way better than the band ever was. I was very fearful of getting another surgery after my band removal worrying that I might fail again and unlike the band the sleeve wasn't reversible. I finally got up the nerve b/c I was in so much joint pain and could barely walk. Although I had a tough first month recovering after the sleeve surgery I am soooo glad I did this and now feel so much better in every way. I do have to take prilosec to help control reflux but even that is getting much better. (I am almost 3 months out).

I understand your fear but I can say for me the sleeve is nothing like the band whatsoever. Also w/ the band my appetite did not decrease as it has done with the sleeve. I asked my surgeon if I had a higher chance of failing w/ the sleeve b/c I had failed with a band and he said no which made me feel hopeful. I can say though that the sleeve is a little different than how I thought it would be. I thought I would only be able to take a few bites of food and then be full.(although this was true in the beginning). Now I am finding out that I can eat more than I thought I would be able to, (although way far less than I used to). So the sleeve is a great tool but I still have to work hard to be successful but now the sleeve tips the odds in my favor and hard work is rewarded.

Good luck in your decision.
    Thank you