Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Bizynurse

Omg......

Rate this Entry
Hi I'm not very good with navigating this site but i'm trying. I had my sleeve done on sat the 14 of july. I never had any fluids in the hospital is that normal? I came home on sunday. I have been so weak and shaky i feel like crap. The bloating is horrible. I am trying to get my fluids in and protein shakes in per instructions. Has anyone had any pain in their rib cage area. on my left side it is so painful I cant believe it. Any help from any one out there I would so appreciate
Thank You so much,Cyndie

Submit "Omg......" to Digg Submit "Omg......" to del.icio.us Submit "Omg......" to StumbleUpon Submit "Omg......" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

What you are going through is totally normal, but do you take your pain medication on time?
    Every six hours?
    That is important.
    That your left side is the most painful is due to the fact, that your stomach was removed through that incision.
    It is always more painful then the others.

Take you painkillers on time, and sip, sip, sip.
    Get your fluids in.
    You don't want to dehydrate.
    Nap, walk and sip, that's it for the first days.
    It will get better very day, bit by bit.

Did I mention that you have to take your painkillers?
    You wil get through this, I promise.
    Hang in there!
    My advice would be to call your surgeon. Really, I'm not blowing you off. Seriously -- if you're in pain this recently after surgery and after your big-time surgical drugs, you should let your surgeon know very specifically how much and where it's hurting. Could be nothing. But could be something that needs attention.

Best wishes!
    I had my surgery on Monday, the 16th. I felt horrible the first two days . Today I feel much less pain and I can drink sips without getting that stabbing feeling in my chest. Here’ s to both of us feeling better each day! We can do it!!!
    It will pass. Try to walk around the house as much as possible and use that plastic breathing thing they gave you at the hospital. They both help a lot. Take any pain meds so were prescribed. You’ll feel better everyday. Sending prayers and positive thoughts! Walk!
    Cyndie, I do hope you are feeling better today but do check in with your doctor if you are still the same. It's very unusual not to have any fluids in the hospital unless they just slam them through during the surgery and then detach the IV but that would be weird. So I'm thinking maybe you didn't which is just too bizarre for me to think about! If that is the case though you could be hideously dehydrated and need a doc anyway!
    Saw my surgeon yesterday, as soon as he saw me he made me go to the hospital.so I went to the ER, they gave me 3 liters of fluid, stating I was severely dehydrated, WOW did I feel better after but not so much today trying better to get all the fluids in Im supposed to. So Im just trying to keep up and feel better I do have more energy today than previously. Thanks everyone for all the advice.
    Glad to hear you feel better!
    Drinking is sooo important!
    Glad to hear you went to see your doctor, that you got proper medical attention, and you're feeling better.