Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

sgshoopz

How do you keep yourself motivated?

Rate this Entry
Hello everyone. How do you keep yourself motivated? I'm not two months out and seem to be loosing the motivation that I had to start. I'm not hungry and most of the time food (protein drinks) turn me. Also can't seem to keep moving. I want to do so much but then I just don't. When I do more I seem to be to tired to do anything the next day. Also issues with moving my bowels. It goes from not stopping to can't go. Oh man, I won't change my mind on the surgery just can't seem to get use to the big changes.. Sorry for whining,

Submit "How do you keep yourself motivated?" to Digg Submit "How do you keep yourself motivated?" to del.icio.us Submit "How do you keep yourself motivated?" to StumbleUpon Submit "How do you keep yourself motivated?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Motivated? Losing weight so fast is not motivating? Shopping for smaller clothes every month is not motivating? Knowing you will soon be a regular-sized, healthy person is not motivating?

I can only speak for me, but my positive attitude got me through this entire journey. I always had my eyes on the "big picture." (You seem to be worried about the little, temporary things). I had so much fun! I journaled my weight and measurements. Now it's AMAZING when I put the tape measure around my waist at where I started.

Maybe start by taking a walk, it's the easiest exercise, all you need is a good pair of shoes. Get outside, it's good for your soul. If it's hot where you live go early and always carry water.

You've got this - get excited! It is life-changing!
    Thank you for all your postive comments. I understand what you are saying and trying to be of a positive person. I am thrilled with how much I have accomplished so far. It's just some days I just feel like it should be so much faster. I hear you that it's little things I worry about. I am trying to keep my mind more active along with my body. I guess why I joined this site it to get the support that I can't seem to get here at home. Thank you again for all your comments and support.

Quote Originally Posted by sraebaer
    Motivated? Losing weight so fast is not motivating? Shopping for smaller clothes every month is not motivating? Knowing you will soon be a regular-sized, healthy person is not motivating?

I can only speak for me, but my positive attitude got me through this entire journey. I always had my eyes on the "big picture." (You seem to be worried about the little, temporary things). I had so much fun! I journaled my weight and measurements. Now it's AMAZING when I put the tape measure around my waist at where I started.

Maybe start by taking a walk, it's the easiest exercise, all you need is a good pair of shoes. Get outside, it's good for your soul. If it's hot where you live go early and always carry water.

You've got this - get excited! It is life-changing!
    I know about being tired.
    I was tired for a very long time.
    I was very anemic, due to a not so good start.

But I had a fitbit and made it a point to walk every day a bit further.
    I started with short distances and slowly worked my way up to longer walks.

I was determined to do this and gave it (and still give it) my all to making this surgery a success.

I do what it takes.
    That is the whole reason for having my surgery.
    My sleeve and I are a very good team.
    I don't want to let it down.

I keep my eye on the prize and that is a healthy and fit me.
    Okay, being slim and looking gorgeous helps too...

Come on, you can do this!
    I can tell you the first few months I walked but did not do a ton of exercise as you have less energy. But as time goes on and you get more energy and lose more weight you will be more motivated to move. I work out every day. I love being thin. I love feeling strong, fit, and healthy. I eat well most of the time. I do indulge occasionally. It keeps me sane.
    Take some time to sit down and remember why you did this. Write down your goals. Make a plan.
    I don't know how long it is since your surgery but I was very tired at first too. Maybe try to put some incidental exercise into your day, park further across the car park, take the stairs, park further away from work and walk the rest of the way etc. That kind of thing. Every little thing helps and hopefully your energy gets better soon :-)
    Thank you everyone for your support! Your helpful hints. The big one "REMEMBER" why I did this in the first place!! Thank you all again!!!!!!
    20. day for me, i'm trying to walk every night outside and day time indoors, not very succesfull at nights At this point after your surgery, you just gotta keep moving and try to eat, you came this far, just think what your weight took from you and hold on for a next day. I know i will feel more energy in me next days weeks or months, i'm just thinking the days i get back to my full health and 0 think about weight or my surgery. I know these days will come for me and for you too. It's kinda boring try to eat and wait for water etc. but this i the way and only i can do it for myself, nobody gonna do that things for you. Stay Strong ! ( also i'm ofc bored stay at home wand wait for meals, so i started to learn some programming )