Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

LLS

4 years post op-WEIGHT GAIN-desperate and ashamed

Rate this Entry
I致e dropped the ball. I知 almost 4 years post op and am gaining. I知 probably up 25-30 of the 80 I致e lost. I知 disappointed and disgusted with myself. I am here for help and support to get back on track.
Has anyone experienced this and got back on track? I知 considering the post-op diet (pouch reset) to kickstart and get back on track. Does this work?

I知 desperate and ashamed 😞

Submit "4 years post op-WEIGHT GAIN-desperate and ashamed" to Digg Submit "4 years post op-WEIGHT GAIN-desperate and ashamed" to del.icio.us Submit "4 years post op-WEIGHT GAIN-desperate and ashamed" to StumbleUpon Submit "4 years post op-WEIGHT GAIN-desperate and ashamed" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Don't be ashamed. You did something brave by owning it and committing to getting back to healthy. You can do this.
    Make a plan and start again. You can do it!
    No shame, no blame; you can lose it and I'm almost 7 years and finding maintenance more of a challenge than ever. I'm blaming the fact that I'm in the throes of planning on retiring and scared and excited at the same time, so I'm deviating from my usual eating plan (not an excuse, just an observation). I'm going back to basics and that means a protein drink for breakfast, protein in a small salad for lunch and a sensible dinner along with increasing my water intake and doing my utmost best not to eat after dinner; which is my "demon".
    We can do it and being mindful and honest about having to jump back on the bandwagon is a great start! You're certainly not going to help yourself by shaming yourself, so let's be kind to ourselves and get back on track You're not alone...
    You have lost 80 pounds!
    Good for you!

So what are you doing different now, to regain those pounds?
    And how do you think you can change that?

Personally I don't believe in pouch reset.
    OMG! I could have written this post! I have fallen back into bad habits. Coming to this site was a good habit. We can do it. I've already said that I'm back in the gym tomorrow--we can do this!!!!
    WOW this post is scary!
    My surgery is in November, I did not know you can gain 50% back. What happens with the pouch stomach? is it enlarge now? can it get back down? will it be any damage to the stitches? can it rupture?
    Dear crazycibertalk ... yes, in fact, you can gain back ALL the weight you lose after VSG surgery.

How? By grazing between meals eating crap "slider" foods (not protein, not veggies and fruits, not whole grains), drinking your calories via alcohol, sodas, sweet tea, high-calorie coffee drinks and any other way you can stuff calories into your mouth.

Here are the success and failure stats for WLS, based on many years of research: Half of those who have WLS are deemed "successful" because they maintain 50% or MORE of the weight loss they achieved. Half are deemed "unsuccessful" because they regain MORE than 50% of the weight they lost via WLS -- and that could be 100% of all the weight they lost or even more than that.

One thing you need to understand about VSG and all WLS surgeries is that the surgery is only one of the many tools you need to acquire and use to change for the rest of your life how you are eating, moving, living.

As the saying goes, "They operate on your stomach, not on your brain."
    Hi LLS, I feel your pain. I'm in the same boat. Not really sure what to do at this point and completely floundering..... I did try the pouch reset but it didn't work for me. But, it may work for you!

Give it a try!! You have nothing to lose but # and a little time!

Good Luck!!! I'm sure you'll do great!

@Ann2 - I've read a few of your posts and love them! You seem like a non-BS person and I like that! Thanks!
    Hi, BikerChick -- thank you!

BTW, I agree with the other advice you got on your forum post that you find a different, well-regarded bariatric surgeon who can get a good image of your sleeve so you will KNOW what's actually down there. Seriously, you might actually have a bum sleeve. And if you don't, you'll then know that it's purely a behavioral issue. And then you can work on all that. If it is a bum sleeve, you will know what to do -- get it fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    Hi, BikerChick -- thank you!

BTW, I agree with the other advice you got on your forum post that you find a different, well-regarded bariatric surgeon who can get a good image of your sleeve so you will KNOW what's actually down there. Seriously, you might actually have a bum sleeve. And if you don't, you'll then know that it's purely a behavioral issue. And then you can work on all that. If it is a bum sleeve, you will know what to do -- get it fixed.
    Thanks Ann2. I will. I've got a lot on my plate, and I don't mean food, so need to take one step at a time. Coming here has helped take the elephant out of the closet, just need to tame it now.